Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg User

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just bought my egg on Thursday 2/17/00, picked it up from a local dealer, was very exited to get this "bad boy" home and start a new grilling eggperience, but once I got the BGE out of the shrink wrap it was cracked in 3 places... The Horror!!! Luckily the dealer had some more eggs, so on Friday I eggchanged it for a flawless one. I am here to tell you that this thing can cook, it was well worth the wait. I am going to start reading some of these 38,000+ posts and see what everybody is talking about, hope to soon be sharing some hints, tips, recipes, etc...[p]Peabrain out...

Comments

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Peabrain, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Welcome aboard matey. You are in for some great fun and food. There are no "stupid questions" so let us hear from you if you hit a snag,,, or if you don't. That's a great nickname. It fits most of us. Nah! It pretty much fits us all. We're all glad to meet you, we welcome you into the cult, and can't wait to hear of some of your beginning successes. Jump right in and get your feet wet..

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    S10_02_9914_35_11.jpg
    <p />Peabrain, welcome to the forum - the EGG really is more than just a grill, it's a lot of fun. And this forum is a lot more than just a forum, it's a great place to learn and communicate. [p]Check out the link below and let me know if I can help you get started.

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Peabrain,
    K.O.C. has it about right. A yeeeee haaa! and welcome aboard. The only stupid question is one that doesn't get an answer. And there aint too many of them here.[p]The pool of information here is spectacular. Everyone has a different niche and portfolio of experiences. All put together, it is a super group....about the best you can get.[p]What I love about it, is that first you learn, then you share. You can learn so much in a short period of time because people are willing to share. And once you learn so much from all these great people, there becomes an unspoken willingness to share back. It grows and builds.[p]Good luck with the pages you still have yet to turn.
    There are some tasty experiences to come. No turning back now.
    Holler back anytime.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • King-O-Coals,[p]Thanks for getting back so quick with the very warm welcome.[p]When I started grilling on Friday, I was a little nervous how my kickoff BBQ was going to turn out, but as the manual says "even your "mistakes" will taste better than your succcesses cooked on your last cooker", how true... I fired up some burgers and my wife and I could not believe how well they turned out.[p]The true test though, was last night when we threw a 50th B'day party for our dear friend Edith, nevertheless there was a lot of food to be cooked. When it was all said and done, everyone was telling me that I had missed my calling and should have become a chef. I graciously accepted the credit, but the credit really points to the BGE!!![p]I'll check back and hope to yak at you later...[p]Peabrain out...
  • King-O-Coals
    Options
    Peabrain, you already sound like you've been at it for years. You will quickly find yourself empowered by the egg to attempt eating everything that floats, lays in a shell on the bottom of the sea, swims, crawls, slithers, or walks (on 4 legs). Get into pizzas when you get a chance. They are great. The recipe section has some great pizza recipes including the dough for the homemade crusts. Sea ya.

• Teslamania
    Options
    Peabrain,[p]Welcome. They call this a living cook book. Check here first before you follow the directions in the BGE supplied cookbook and manual. Check out the recipe sections!

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Peabrain, Add my sincere welcome aboard also and from what I have read so far, we need to change your handle. [p]Anybody that buys a BGE is far from peabrain status. So let me volunteer "Q"Boss" for ya as you seem to already be well into BBQ. Let us know how we can help anytime.
    C~W[p]

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    Peabrain, howdy! About all I can add is welcome aboard! If you are happy with the burgers just wait until you do some hi temp steaks.Or ribs. Or turkey, did I mention hot wings or chili or pizza??;) Well you get the idea, you will be absolutely amazed at the things you can cook that taste great, so congrats on your purchase and keep us informed about your successes. 'later, ChefRD

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    sm-spr02.jpg
    <p />Peabrain,
    Welcome to this forum. You are now on the THUNDER ROAD to great qing. You were probebly on the DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN with your old grill....but with your BGE you have made it to THE PROMISED LAND.
    Welcome aboard.[p]

• Smokin' Todd,[p]Sit tight, take hold... baby you were "Born To Run", my Bruce Springsteen fanatic wife made me write this... LOL[p]All of these responses have really made me feel welcome to this group...[p]Thanks,[p]Peabrain out...

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Peabrain,
    we will have mucho to talk about...in addition to great BBQ. Unlike "frozen chozen" u appreciate great rock n roll along with great BBQ(they actually go great tegether)
    I hope your Eggperiences are even greater from the advice of this forum....and dont forget...your eggpriences will help even the geatest of Eggsperts(that is not me, of course....i have a long way to go to be considered an eggspert)
    ST(and a place to be)

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Hey, that egg doesnt look like its covered in ice!!! You tryin to impress the new guy with the summer pics you have? You want to impress him, take a picture of that egg as it sat on your deck last friday and saturday, (ice/snow/rain storm that hit us) with the smoke coming out of the top of it and he'll really be impressed. Cookin in the dead of winter, gotta love it.[p]That picture does make me long for the warmer days of summer though. This week is supposed to be nice here in IL, looking forward to it.[p]Troy
  • Bryan
    Bryan Posts: 53
    Options
    Peabrain,[p]You ain't got to do all than readin. Just ask away and you will get more than ample advise and tips.[p]Welcome aboard
    Bryan

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    sprinter, for me its about the same - my deck is screened and covered - in the 2 videos that I have posted you can see a little snow - I BBQ at least 4 time a week - snow, rain or shine!

• Mr Beer
    Mr Beer Posts: 121
    Options
    eggsnow.jpg
    <p />sprinter,
    Here's a picture that shows that the BGE can be used in the winter. Cooked some chicken breasts up tonight. Came out yummy!!!!![p]Mr Beer

• The Colonel
    Options
    Peabrain, Well there pilgrim, You can't be much of a peabrain if you went out and got you one of those green eggs waaa.
    yours in the egg--The Colonel

• Char-Woody,[p]I suppose Peabrain might be inappropriate being that we are constantly trying to learn and expand on the way we cook in this forum.[p]There is another nickname that I am often referred to as, especially when we are camping, which is "Gare-Dog Fireboy". I guess it must be my obsession for keeping the fire stoked, whether it be for BBQ or just a sceaming campfire.
    I may post in udner this name in the future...[p]Fireboy out...