Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stomboli

smalljawssmalljaws Posts: 58
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
boli3.jpg
<p />Here is my first attempt at an egged stromboli. Gotta say it worked out really well, better than any of our local pizza joints. I used the publix pizza dough and cooked them at 450 for about 18 minutes on a pizza stone a top a plate setter. I would really like to try them at high temps, but cannot cook at higher temps with this setup without frying the gasket.[p]Sorry for the bad photos. My 'boli had banana peppers, green peppers, moz, parm, provolone and crumbled "fattie", the misses went with broccoli, garlic and banana peppers.[p]We'll definitely being doing these again.[p]
·

Comments

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,405
    Smalljaws,[p]Looks like you have a metal screen just under the stomboli. Does it help the crispness. Where did you find the screen?[p]gdenby

·
  • smalljawssmalljaws Posts: 58
    gdenby,[p]It's a pizza screen and actually keeps the crust from burning, no problems getting things crispy in the egg. You can get them at restaurant supply stores for a couple bucks. They are really good for making multiple pizzas as you can make them ahead of time on the screen and don't have to worry about transferring from a pizza peel.
    ·
  • RichardRichard Posts: 698
    gdenby,
    Wally World has a neat version for $.94 each here in florida, good for many egg projects.

[ul][li]http://www.northernpizzaequipment.com/hedupisc1.html[/ul]
    ·