Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mini Egg - Tailgaiting and Beach

edited 1:09PM in EggHead Forum
Hello All,[p]just curious as to how many 1/2 lb burgers one can grill on the Mini's. Looking for a good option for the beach and tailgaiting.[p]Can you do 2 good size steaks- TRexed?[p]Thank you[p]Citrus
·

Comments

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    citrus,
    Here is a picture of 4 pork chops on the mini egg.We take the mini egg to ball games and to the lake and it works really well.
    Larry

[ul][li]Mini Egg at the Lake[/ul]
    ·
  • YB,
    I checked out the picture of your kitchen WOW very nice. I would like to know what material you used for the white top table and agg mates.
    Thanks Jupiter Jim

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Jupiter Jim,
    Thanks....The table and egg mates are made out of Corian.The Corian is real easy to clean and has held up very well.
    Larry

·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    BGERibsmimibutt5_06003.jpg
    <p />citrus,
    I would say two at a time. Don't have a burger pic but here are a few pics of other cooks on my mini for an idea of size. The grid is a little over 9".
    Mini pork butt is the first pic. Took 8 hours and two loads of lump, 250 dome.
    Next is pulled beef double baked taders.

BGEDrBBQSkins001.jpg

Next is spatchcock game hen.

IMG_3890.jpg

Next is Very Very Teriyaki Tri-Tip.

BGEminiTri-Tip009.jpg

Next is Ribeye.

BGERibEyes1_07003.jpg

Hope this helps. The small is lugable to the beach, so take a look at that size also.
    Clay

·
  • guava gregguava greg Posts: 139
    ClayQ,Teriaki tri- tips look like da bomb! mmmm![p]Greg
    ·
  • YB,
    Thanks so much for the reply, thats just what I wanted to hear as I have been talking to my brother inlaw about him makeing me new tops for my mates.
    Jim

·