Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another butt bites the dust

Mikey
Mikey Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well my third butt is done and pulled. This one was about 8.25lbs and went for a total of 15 hours and 15 minutes at about 250 degrees. I had a wee bit of trouble before going to bed keeping the temp up. Not sure what the problem was, but I got it back up to temp and went on to bed. [p]My trusty Nutemp woke me up around 7:30 this morning to let me know the temp had fallen to 230 degrees. I bumped it back up, then waited an hour and stuck a thermometer in the meat. It was right at 190, so I cranked the heat up to about 300 and let it go another hour or so to an internal temp of 200.[p]Now the bad news. This one's not for us. I cooked it so I could take it to my mother's next weekend and to give some to my neighbor. Mom's went into the freezer and my neighbor's has been delivered. This will be his first taste of what the ceramic cooker can do. Mom's is by request as I cooked one on her last visit and she has been talking about it ever since.[p]Funny thing is, I didn't really plan this cook. I was driving home with my family from the zoo yesterday morning and thought, "I think I'll cook a butt." I stopped by the butcher's and away we went. These things are so easy to cook, it just really isn't much trouble at all.[p]Anyway, hope everyone is having a good weekend.[p]Mikey[p]

Comments

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Mikey,[p]Yea, being the nice guy like this could really get your work cut out for you. The egg may just have it's own day planner to keep the scheduling issues at a minimum :)[p]Zip