Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

2nd baby

edited 12:56PM in EggHead Forum
Last year, I received a Large BGE for Father's day. I'm thinking of dropping a hint (or several) to my wife that it needs a sibling. I want a 2nd egg so that I could 1) cook for smaller groups of 3-6 people, and 2) to cook things that need different cooking temperatures at the same time.[p]The big question...do I need a medium or will a small BGE do the trick? [p]Related question...should I do my slow cooks on the new arrival or is a Large best suited for slow cooks like briskets?[p]A big thanks to everyone on the forum that has made our first year very enjoyable!
·

Comments

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    Al fom SLC,[p] My vote is go for the small. While Lo 'n' slow can be done on the small it will easier on the large.
    ·
  • BahmaniciousBahmanicious Posts: 105
    What is the advantage of a small over a medium?
    Best,
    w.a.
    ·
  • Al fom SLC,
    I would go with another large I am single and I have two large you can cook two differt things on each one at the same time. You will probally use the same amount of lump in a small that you do with a large if you are not doing really hot sears. I really just love my two larges
    thanks
    RTC Smokin

·
  • KingerKinger Posts: 147
    Al fom SLC,[p]
    I have a small and a Large. I love my small and use it for 70% of my cooks. The large is awesome too but I use less lump this way. It is fun to have two eggs going at the same time too. Sometimes I will do appetizers on the small and entree on Large. You can put a lot of food on the small. I use the Grate Mates to create another cooking level. We are a family of 4 and cook on the small about 2-3 nights per week.[p]
    Kinger

·