Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd baby

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last year, I received a Large BGE for Father's day. I'm thinking of dropping a hint (or several) to my wife that it needs a sibling. I want a 2nd egg so that I could 1) cook for smaller groups of 3-6 people, and 2) to cook things that need different cooking temperatures at the same time.[p]The big question...do I need a medium or will a small BGE do the trick? [p]Related question...should I do my slow cooks on the new arrival or is a Large best suited for slow cooks like briskets?[p]A big thanks to everyone on the forum that has made our first year very enjoyable!

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Al fom SLC,[p] My vote is go for the small. While Lo 'n' slow can be done on the small it will easier on the large.
  • Bahmanicious
    Bahmanicious Posts: 105
    Options
    What is the advantage of a small over a medium?
    Best,
    w.a.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Al fom SLC,
    I would go with another large I am single and I have two large you can cook two differt things on each one at the same time. You will probally use the same amount of lump in a small that you do with a large if you are not doing really hot sears. I really just love my two larges
    thanks
    RTC Smokin

• Kinger
    Kinger Posts: 147
    Options
    Al fom SLC,[p]
    I have a small and a Large. I love my small and use it for 70% of my cooks. The large is awesome too but I use less lump this way. It is fun to have two eggs going at the same time too. Sometimes I will do appetizers on the small and entree on Large. You can put a lot of food on the small. I use the Grate Mates to create another cooking level. We are a family of 4 and cook on the small about 2-3 nights per week.[p]
    Kinger