Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sweet Corn

Options
mike
mike Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sweet corn is ready in Alabama. Looking for some advise from the resident expert on egging some corn. Thanks.

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    S10_30_9918_30_02.jpg
    <p />Mike, we've done it a few times - turns out pretty good. Check out the link.

[ul][li]Corn on the Cob[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Howdy Gordon!
    What does the cold water soak do?? I always listen when people from the midwest talk about corn!!
    Hope you are having a great weekend.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Nature Boy, not really sure, but I'll guess that the corn soaks enough water in the 20 minutes so that when it is re-wrapped, tied and placed on the grill, there will be a lot of steam inside doing the actual cooking.[p]Great weekend in Peoria - suppose to be about 88 and sunny today - I'm off to cut the grass and then do my daily brisk 4 mile walk - probably strange, but I try to pick the hottest part of the day. [p]Tonight it's hamburgers and corn on the cob! Have a great day!

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    Mike,[p]I do it a little differnt than GFW due to being lazy. If I go out and break the corn myself that day I don't soak it, just rinse it off. If I buy it from the grocery store I will soak it for 30 minutes or so. We do nothing to the husk or silk just place it on the grill direct at 350º or so until done. It will take about 20 to 35 minutes at this temperature depending on how mature the ear is. You will want to move it around about every five minutes so that It won't burn. I actually let some of them get pretty brown and blackened, but we like the roasted taste. When you remove them from the grill, place in a bag and close it up ( a cooler works very well). Let sit for about five minutes or more in bag to finish steaming. The silk and husks will be easy to pull back as long as you let it rest after the cook.[p]Zip