Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pulled Pork cook this weekend. Question.

CT GrillguyCT Grillguy Posts: 149
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to make some pulled pork for my church choir party on Sunday. The party is immediately after church and I live 45 mins away so I'll have to bring it with me to church. I'll leave home at 8AM and the party is at 11:30 AM.[p]What would be the best way to do this? Pull the Butts off the Egg right before I leave and wrap them in towels and in a cooler and then do the prep at the party? (not excited about that option really) or....[p]Finish the Cook on Saturday night, prepare the pulled pork and then keep the PP cold in a cooler and reheat at the party.[p]Other suggestions?[p]I'm doing 2 7lb. butts without a stoker or anything like that, so pulling them on Sunday morning might be a bit of a risk.

Comments

• PainterPainter Posts: 464
    CT Grillguy,
    I'd time them to be done Sunday morning early and transfer in a cooler. I'd prep them on site. I'd pull one and let some pull of some of their own, with a little coaching from you, just to get some involved in the mastery of your cook.
    Bob

• CT Grillguy,
    Pull the butts and wrap in foil and towels and store in a cooler and do the prep at the party. Take some gloves, I use lined PVC gloves and just tear the meat apart in a big aluminum tray. They sell these big pans I use at warehouse clubs for caterers. If you get the internal to 200 there is very little grease or fat to worry with. Take the bone out if there is one and serve it in the very tray you tear it up in. Throw the gloves in the cooler when you are done along with your apron if you feel the need to stay extremely neat.