Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Calzone recipe posted

sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all,[p]I finally got around to posting the calzone recipe. Link is listed below. Both the dough and the filling recipe is in the recipe section. Let me know if you try them, I'd like to know how they work out. Please feel free to email me or post to the forum if there are any questions at all.
[ul][li]Calzone recipe[/ul]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    sprinter,
    What a great contribution to the recipes.
    Can't wait to give it a shot. Thanks.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy
    sprinter,
    The fractions for chopped onion, chopped green pepper, parmesian cheese, and black pepper don't show on my computer.[p]Are they all 1/2??[p]Thanks again
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • sprinter
    Nature Boy,[p]Not a problem at all. I've gotten enough help and guidance from the group since I got my egg in December that this is the least I can do. Hopefully everyone will share my gastronomic (sp) enthusiasm about these calzones, they were AWESOME, IMHO. Enjoy. [p]By the way, reading the posts that came back to peabrain really made me realize what a great group of people that we have here. Just glad to be a part of it and to be able to finally give back as opposed to just taking from the collective experience here. [p]Troy
  • sprinter
    Nature Boy,[p]I'll post the fractions here so others can get them also. I guess this is a common problem with the recipe section.[p]1/2 cup onion
    1/2 cup pepper
    1/2 cup parmesan cheese (romano works)
    1/2 tsp pepper[p]Well, I guess to actually answer you question, yes, they are all 1/2. This will answer it for the others also.[p]Troy

• Nature Boy
    sprinter,
    Thanks Troy.[p]Calzones and hopefully bread are my new challenges!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    sprinter,[p]I will try this soon. The dough recipe you used - is it Spin's recipe or something similiar?[p]Tim
  • sprinter
    Tim M,[p]To be honest, I've never taken a look at spins so I don't know the answer. I'll take a look at it now to see if theres any difference. I bake a TON of bread and have been making this sough recipe for years, just now tried it on the egg. It comes out golden brown with a chewy texture. Really is quite good. If you try this one and have tried spins, let me know which one you prefer.[p]Troy
  • sprinter
    Tim M,[p]I took a quick look at spins recipe and it looks pretty much the same, though the proportions of ingredients are a bit different. I would bet it would work well on the calzones as well.[p]Troy
  • sprinter, it's about an hour and a half until lunch time and you've got my tummy growling and howling. My stuffed-crust pizza is a simplified version of your calzones, and that crust is so good,, I gotta do these. By the way, how did you post the link on the forum? I can do pictures, but have tried links before and they just didn't show up. Great idea on the Cal's...
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    King-O-Coals,
    You have to make sure that you include the full URL including the http:[p]Happy Linking,
    RhumAndJerk

• sprinter
    Kiing-O-Coals,[p]There are three places to add information to the bottom of your posts, the "Optional link URL", the "Link Title" and the "optional image URL". When you are posting a link, there are two pieces of info that need to be entered, the actual link including the http"// information (put this in the "optional link url" field) and the actual title that you want to call the link in your post (put this in the "link title" field). If you put the URL in the first field and don't give the link a title in your post, it won't show up. [p]Hope this helps, sorry if the simplification is an insult to your intelligence, please don't take it personally. I'm a software developer by trade and my instructions are generally aimed at the least common denominator in the audience, not at any one person. Also, I know how to do this from experience as the first time I posted a link, I left out the title and nothing showed up in my post. [p]Enjoy[p]Troy
  • Nature Boy
    sprinter,
    Where is the recipe that you used?? I don't see it with the calzone recipe.[p]Thanks
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • sprinter
    Nature Boy,[p]Sorry, I put them out there separately as I didn't want to try and figure out how to separate all of the ingredients in the recipe section. This ingredient goes with the dough, this one with the filling etc. So, I posted them both separately. They are both posted in the new recipe section, both under breads I think. May need to move the calzone but couldnt find a better place to put it. Sorry for the confusion.[p]Troy
    [ul][li]Calzone/Pizza Dough[/ul]
  • RhumAndJerk, thanks guys. I musta put my link in the wrong slot, or forgot some of the info.. I'm going to test it here..
    [ul][li]Chef Paul Prudhomme's Seasonings[/ul]
  • Thanks again,,,I'm cool now..