Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tim H: Salmon Question Again!!

Options
Big Murth
Big Murth Posts: 350
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any way that you could get me the recipe (exact) on your brine? Also, I wasn't sure what you meant about 1/2 the salt...and was that in the brine (I'm sure)---but did you also salt the fish after you took it out? What about "not too much smoke"?....I thought you used some hickory and other wood? Let me know, bro...thanks! Big Murth

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Big Murth, Yes, I did use both hickory and apple but the next day ,when I cleaned humpty,90% was unused so-- I think that 2 or 3 pieces would be plenty. No, I didn't re salt after. Stay tuned on Friday and I will send the exact receipe. An article that I had read said that since fish is so porus that too much time in the brine and/or too much salt in the brine would result in a very salty taste. From my experience, I think that would be correct. Also I think that I forgot to mention that I used a drip pan w/water. The drip pan had a dual purpose,lower temp & more moisture.

• Unknown
    Options
    Big Murth, Sorry, I just read my post from this morning and noticed that I omitted a word. I ment to say that you don't need much smoke. But you probably figured that out.