Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Moving a BGE

Options
otis
otis Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to have to move my older model large BGE from one address to another. We have the older model nest which has the Egg much closer to the patio. What suggestions/precautions do you have to hopefully have no damage during the move? Should the lid be strapped to the base?

Comments

• JimE
    JimE Posts: 158
    Options
    Otis,
    just moved my bge 380 miles. Took the bands off and packed the dome in a box by itself. Take out the fire box and the fire ring and pack the in a separate box with bubble rap in between. Break down the nest until it folds a nput it anywhere. I put the bottom of the bge in a separate box. Hauled it in a Budget truck w/no damage.

• Ca_rnivore
    Ca_rnivore Posts: 120
    Options
    Otis,[p]I did something similar to jim. I removed all the innards and bubble-wrapped them and packed them in seperate boxes. For the outer portions, I left the lid and bands attached, but I put several pieces og card board between the lid and base. I then strapped the Egg closed through the handles. The unit was packed in a truck and surrounded by boxes of other stuff. To get it on and off the truck, one of those rental handtrucks with the locking strap worked great.[p]--Kevin