Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Orange Roughy recipe?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have a good recipe for Orange Roughy that is doable on the egg? I've yet to try fish on the egg, so any tips would be helpful. Thanks

Comments

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 698
    Options
    ATLBuckeye,[p]This one has been around for awhile. [p]Roughy, Lemon-Herb Fillets, Jack Dickson

For those who requested a recipe for orange roughy.
    [p]Ingredients:
    1/4 cup dry white wine
    2 Tbs lemon juice
    4 medium orange roughy fillets
    1/2 tsp dried dill weed
    1/2 tsp dried tarragon
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp white pepper
    vegetable cooking spray
    lemon wedges -- optional

Directions:
    1 Combine wine and lemon juice in a shallow dish; add fish, turning to coat.
    2 Sprinkle fish with dillweed and next 3 ingredients.
    3 Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
    4 Remove fish from marinade; discard marinade.
    5 Arrange fish in a wire grilling basket coated with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals.
    6 Cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
    7 Serve with lemon wedges, if desire.
    8 If you would prefer not to grill, this should also work on a 275-300º Egg for 20-30 minutes using apple chips.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Seafood

Recipe Source
    Author: Jack Dickson[p]Source: BGE Forum, Jack Dickson

[p]

• bountifulranch
    Options
    Could this be done on planks and does it work well with prefrozen orange roughy which seems the only way to buy it.  I cook salmon on cedar planks and I do not have a wire grilling basket yet.  Thanks