Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

egg mates v/s table

double L
double L Posts: 90
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
egg mates and eggnest verses table I dont have any place to set things when loading and unloading the egg (medium) any thoughts on whether to add egg mates to egg and nest or to build a table, thanks in advance

Comments

• double L,
    Build a table. Had nest before, are no good. Table is way to go. I bought a long from BGE headquarters for my large, and love it.[p]D

• double L
    bgefan thanks for the opinion
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    double L,
    since you are entertaining opinions let me float mine! Building a table is not a big deal as long as you have some tools and some wood working "sense" about you. OTOH buying a set of wings to retrofit your nest is a snap. I guess I'd look further into the future if I were you and ask myself if
    1) the medium BGE you own will be the only one for some time?
    2) will you be moving your residence in the near future?
    3) again go back to 1) and if the answer is no, then design your table NOW for expansion LATER

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BYC
    BYC Posts: 358
    double L,[p]Table!

• egg-dicted
    egg-dicted Posts: 18
    bgefan,[p]I would also recommend a table for better overall use. I would however balk at the comment "nest is no good"
    A nest does make a very good stand for an egg, egg-mates however are limited in size .. for this reason I would go table.[p]Jeff[p]

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    double L,[p]I'll play devil's advocate...[p]If you're NEVER planning to move the egg, a table might be the way to go. Once you drop the egg down in it, you won't want to try to take it out again.[p]If, on the other hand, you move the egg around on the deck/patio, or transport it to other places, stick with the cart and egg mates. Makes it MUCH more portable.[p]Tonia
    :~)

• double L
    QBabe,
    thanks to everyone but I am still not sure what to do I am going to eggfest by the bay perhaps that will help me makeup my mind?