Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Memorial Day Egg Food

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There would have to be lot of eggs fired up on this fine Momorial Day. Would be interesting to know what most people grill on Memorial Day. I'm betting burgers and hotdogs. We did our family thing yesterday (big burgers and bratwurst dogs).

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Chuck/Tx,
    I never said we normal LOL but the fare here is/was pizza, ribeye steaks and triple cholocate/Kahlula cake! Yup, all on the egg and quite gooooooooooooooooooooood!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Chuck/Tx,[p]Because I had the extra time, I did two 6+ butts. It was my second all-niter, and also my second attempt at whole butts. Had a nice big family lunch, gave some to the folks next door, and will bring some to work tomorrow. [p]I did do burgers on Sat. tho.[p]gdenby
  • EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    Chuck/Tx,[p]I have fatties on right now, abt's will follow when the fatties finish and tonight I'm doing a spatchcocked chicken. The egg is going to be chugging most of the day.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    EggRacer,[p]We cooked brats yesterday.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • drainbead
    drainbead Posts: 15
    Options
    Chuck/Tx,[p]Went a little crazy this weekend. Did a tri-tip on Saturday, spareribs, corn, and fruit on Sunday, and doing spicy bratwurst today.
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Chuck/Tx,[p]I will be buckling up one of my Medium's in the front seat shortly to head over and help a friend cook burgers and dogs for his daughter's high school graduation party. We'll have 4 grills going, but only 1 Egg. Needless to say, Gregg3 is eager to show off in front of his metallic brethren.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • jwirlwind
    jwirlwind Posts: 319
    Options
    Chuck/Tx,
    I will be one of the dog and burger people. At the moment, my Maytag wide by side refrigerator is not doing it's thing. It is less then five years old and the air handling unit is on the blink for the second time. So I can't keep anything in the refrigerator side. The freezer is working fine. It started two days ago losing it's cooling and being Memorial day, can't get anyone to fix it. It has a seven year warrentee and ten years on the compressor. You can belive it will be the last Maytag I will every own. So at the moment, anything cooked will be fresh and all eatin up. [p]Chef Jerry

• Unknown
    Options
    RRP, yeah, you are abnormal -- but in a mighty good way. Wish I had a big slice of that cake.

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Chuck/Tx,
    We're having ribs, butts, grilled vidalia onion and pineapple, grilled tofu (for my daughter, and some chocolate cake. -RP[p]IMG_0163_1Small.jpg[p]
    IMG_0165Small.jpg[p]
    IMG_0167Small.jpg[p]
    IMG_0161Small.jpg

• locolongball
    locolongball Posts: 414
    Options
    Chuck/Tx,[p]Brisket on Sunday..[p]happy egging
    loco

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Chuck/Tx,
    I have crab cakes and a ribeyes ready to go.[p]Mike

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    IMG_1749.jpg
    <p />Chuck/Tx,
    ya better put the petal to the metal if you want any of the remaining cake!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
    Chuck/Tx,
    I did my big cook yesterday. Buffalo and chicken burgers a sweet onion and redpeppers & garlic to make hummus. Finally a loaf of banana bread. I can hear the egg calling and I have some porkchops and pineapple that could go in.

• mule
    mule Posts: 152
    Options
    Chuck/Tx,
    Baby back ribs!![p]mule

• Jopa
    Jopa Posts: 155
    Options
    Chuck/Tx,
    Sesame encrusted yellowfin tuna steaks, pic's later

• onelegchef
    onelegchef Posts: 119
    Options
    Chuck/Tx,
    Did high school graduation for our granddaughter on Friday, Hot dogs, hambergers, ABT's and babyback ribs, along with baked beans, brie and dips, tonight pork tenderloin and fresh veggies.
    Bobby-FTW,TX

• Unknown
    Options
    RRP, LOL, why do I think I'm too late?

• Unknown
    Options
    Lotsa good soundin' stuff in these posts. Just mamma and me here this evening. She's in the kitchen mixin' up some stuff and I have bass I caught and cleaned last week that's ready to go on the grill for supper. It cooks in about 10 minutes, so will be easy peasy, but good with a spacial sauce she makes to pour over it. Good eatin' to all. God bless our boys and girls serving in the military.
  • Don't Egg me on
    Options
    Chuck/Tx,[p]I'm in San Antonio smoking some ribs
  • HolySmokes
    HolySmokes Posts: 446
    Options
    Chuck/Tx,[p]Corned beef brisket in the dutch oven for today. Kindof not
    a 'normal' one for us, but it's what came out of the freezer for
    the weekend.[p]Yesterday it was big sausages and ABT's, the day before it was steaks.
    We been busy![p]cheers, HS

• Pdub
    Pdub Posts: 234
    Options
    Chuck/Tx,
    We did our big memorial weekend bash on saturday. I did 6 lbs of brisket and 14 lbs of pork butt, ABTs and some corn. My guest could not stop raving about the food. Of course most of them where grad students so its not hard to please them with food. Although its not every day that a woman comes up and says "you rocked my world". It was my first time cramming that much in the egg and it seemed to work out good. I used an 18" weber grid with stainless steel bolts. NOw its dogs smoke with mulberry

• Smoking Jacket
    Options
    Chuck/Tx,
    Friday Night : Burgers
    Saturday Night : TRex Filet Mignon
    Sunday Night: Pizza
    Monday : Ribs & Chicken[p]Mother Goose has been busy this weekend!