Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's On! (photo)

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
cook_meat.jpg
<p />First real cook. Yesterday's brats were just an excuse to assemble and light the fire. Didn't let it burn clean enough. But I think I have it now.[p]What do you think about my outfit?

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    ThinkandDrive,
    A real egger would have it tatto'd on his fingers, LOL! But that's a great second option. I suppose the advantage is that you can change the message without getting a finger transplant/shuffle. [p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • The Virginian
    The Virginian Posts: 275
    Options
    ThinkandDrive,
    Funnnnny! Now, time to walk the walk. Good luck. [p]Bre tt

• Unknown
    Options
    The virginian,[p]Ha! You're right. Dinner had better be incredible or my in-laws and their good friends are going to have pizza tonight.[p]Right now, I'm an hour into my first beerbutt chicken with a spur of the moment improvised rub and half a bottle of Blueberry Ale. I'm totally flying by the seat of my pants.[p]After the Chicken, while it rests, I'm going to attempt to Trex some steak. But I'm concerned about getting the lava temp up after having the egg at a steady 225 since about 11:00 this morning. If I have to borrow my wife's hair dryer (or buy my own), I will.
  • BYC
    BYC Posts: 358
    Options
    ThinkandDrive,[p]Can you put all of this on YouTube? Might provide for some interesting viewing for my weekend guests!

• Unknown
    Options
    BYC,[p]Which part? The part where I'm standing around looking at the thermometer for four hours? Or the part where I singe my eyebrows off when I open the dome at 700degrees? ;P[p]No video camera regardless. But I may resurrect my podcast next week and talk about this.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]I promised the wife I'd stop at one tattoo. But I'm totally hooked. I just may sneak one in.[p]She's afraid this is just a fad though. I told her the Asians had been cooking on these things for 3,000 years. So if that's a fad, get me some bleached jeans and gel my hair into a mowhawk! (No hair on my head though. So don't ask where the gel is goin'.)
  • BYC
    BYC Posts: 358
    Options
    ThinkandDrive,[p]That's the part we want to see on You Tube.

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    "What do you think about my outfit?"[p]For some reason it reminds of of Robert Mitchum in Night of the Hunter. :)
  • Unknown
    Options
    The virginian,[p]Aside from some issues with burning through my lump too quickly and the fire dying out before the meat is fully to temp (chicken was finished in the oven and I never quite got the egg to searing temperature for the steaks. But they were fully cooked), I would call this a success.[p]I don't yet know how to put multiple pictures, but I posted these on my blog.[p]I think I just didn't load enough lump to begin with. And company was an hour late. So I must have burned through most of my lump holding at 750 degrees for an hour waiting. I actually singed the gasket pretty bad. Ooops![p]Let me know what you think of the pics. Am I worthy?
    [ul][li]My Blog - ThinkingAndDriving.com (naturally)[/ul]