Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Heart Healthy Meatload

Options
Ronbo
Ronbo Posts: 90
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Variation of Qbabes Cherry smoked meatloaf. Used ground Turkey and Guava wood (thanks guava greg). Next time I am going to try it with a mix of ground chicken, and ground turkey and mix in some montreal seasoning. However, it was really good and my kids even went back for seconds
Meatloaf1.jpg[p]Meatloaf2.jpg[p]Meatloaf3.jpg

Comments

• Ronbo
    Ronbo Posts: 90
    Options
    Ronbo,
    Ummmm...meatloaf not meatload

• BYC
    BYC Posts: 358
    Options
    Ronbo,[p]good one!

• Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    Ronbo,
    Looks great!
    I've been using a combination of turkey, buffalo, and some veal, mixed with evoo sauteed onions, carrots, garlic, bell pepper, and chopped kale. With all the veg, I don't have to use any binder like eggs or bread, I just mix in enough Muir Glen organic pasta sauce to hold it together. (Fairly heart healthy, and lots of vegetables...) Glazed with some more sauce mixed with honey.
    Loaf.jpg
    Egged meatloaf is one of the best Egg dishes ever....

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Basscat,
    that looks really good!!!!
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Ronbo,[p]Sounds great...![p]I did a variation of my meatloaf last week also. Same basic recipe, except I added about 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped fine plus instead of using bread crumbs, I used about 3/4 cup of oatmeal. It turned out FANTASTIC!. [p]I like your idea of using ground turkey. Maybe next time I'll do 1/2 lb pork, 1/2 lb beef and 1/2 lb turkey. [p]I'm always looking to find ways to make things a bit healthier. I lost 61 lbs a few years ago and I'm DETERMINED not to gain it back again![p]Tonia
    :~)