Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Heart Healthy Meatload

RonboRonbo Posts: 90
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Variation of Qbabes Cherry smoked meatloaf. Used ground Turkey and Guava wood (thanks guava greg). Next time I am going to try it with a mix of ground chicken, and ground turkey and mix in some montreal seasoning. However, it was really good and my kids even went back for seconds
Meatloaf1.jpg[p]Meatloaf2.jpg[p]Meatloaf3.jpg

Comments

• RonboRonbo Posts: 90
    Ronbo,
    Ummmm...meatloaf not meatload

• BasscatBasscat Posts: 587
    Ronbo,
    Looks great!
    I've been using a combination of turkey, buffalo, and some veal, mixed with evoo sauteed onions, carrots, garlic, bell pepper, and chopped kale. With all the veg, I don't have to use any binder like eggs or bread, I just mix in enough Muir Glen organic pasta sauce to hold it together. (Fairly heart healthy, and lots of vegetables...) Glazed with some more sauce mixed with honey.
    Loaf.jpg
    Egged meatloaf is one of the best Egg dishes ever....

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    Basscat,
    that looks really good!!!!
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    Ronbo,[p]Sounds great...![p]I did a variation of my meatloaf last week also. Same basic recipe, except I added about 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped fine plus instead of using bread crumbs, I used about 3/4 cup of oatmeal. It turned out FANTASTIC!. [p]I like your idea of using ground turkey. Maybe next time I'll do 1/2 lb pork, 1/2 lb beef and 1/2 lb turkey. [p]I'm always looking to find ways to make things a bit healthier. I lost 61 lbs a few years ago and I'm DETERMINED not to gain it back again![p]Tonia
    :~)