Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need a recipe for a small deer roast...

edited 10:42AM in EggHead Forum
Wanting to cook a deer roast this weekend and need a homerun recipe for the cook. Thanks,[p]G.T.A.G.O.
·

Comments

• WhitetailWhitetail Posts: 76
    G.T.A.G.O.,
    My advice is you take that roast and cut it in steaks about ½ inch thick. Let them sit in Italian dressing for about an hour. Grill em hot but not searing hot, say 450-500 degrees on a raised grid about 3 minutes a side which should give you a nice rare steak with no sear. Good stuff.[p]Thick steaks good for beef…not so for venison. [p]I have had very few venison roasts that I liked. Just not enough fat to “get er done”.

·
  • RichardRichard Posts: 698
    G.T.A.G.O.,[p]This one was great last month.[p]Venison, Ham, Richard
    [p] INGREDIENTS:
    1 1 1/2 Lbs Venison, Boneless Ham
    Italian Salad Dressing
    Garlic

Preparation
    1 Marinated overnight in Italian Salad Dressing. Took out 1 hour before cooking and sprinkled garlic powder over the meat.
    Cooking
    1 BGE 350°F indirect, handful cherry wood chips. Cooked 1 hour 10 minutes for 150°F internal. Let rest for 10 minutes..

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Richard, 04/30/07

[p]

·
  • ShortRibShortRib Posts: 180
    G.T.A.G.O.,[p]The italian dressing and garlic method is good, but I would lay a few strips of thick cut bacon over your roast while you are cooking. You'll need all that fat you can get.
    ·