Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What grill brush works best for the egg?

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i have a few brushes, and none seem to work really well with the egg, at least not when the grid is sitting on the fire-ring. too many of my brushes are too firm and rigid, and i can't get any leverage on the grid when it's sitting down on the fire ring. (when the grid is at the felt line, any brush works well).[p]i have looked at the Grill Wizard, and it seems promising, b/c it is built with a slight 12 degree angle. maybe that'll help me reach all around the grid when it's on the fire ring. [p]but i read a review on Amazon about the Grill Wizard, which said it's pad fell apart on the surface of the grill leaving behind all these little shards and bits of metal. anybody ever have that problem? [p]thanks all!

Comments

• Natural Born Griller,
    Call me low tech, but I just wad up a piece of tin foil & scrape away. That or just fire the egg up to nuclear and burn all that crud off.

• Natural Born Griller,[p]On grills, I use an Onion to clean the grill. It will clean it and add a little flavor. If it is heavy grime (burned sauses and such), just burn it off (high Heat).[p]Onion - just cut in half and stick a fork in it and rub the flat cut side on the grills till clean[p]
  • It is the best brush I have found. [p]I don't recall any 'shredding'. Very easy and cheap to replace the 'brush' when it wears out.[p]Spacey
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Natural Born Griller,
    I use a "grid cleaning brush with spiral stainless steel ends" like the one on the page linked to below. Mine, however, is bent, the handle is plastic, and I paid Wal-Mart $3 or $4 for it.[p]Ken

[ul][li]The Ol' Brush Off[/ul]
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Natural Born Griller,
    when the grill is hot, i make a few passes with a brass brush. whatever sticks is more determined than I.[p]it'll burn off in time.
    remember, if things stick to your grill, it's not cuz the grill is too hot, or too cold, or too dirty, or too clean. it's because you aren't supposed to flip it til it'll flip.[p]a burger won't overcook before it will become flippable. [p]beyond that, i dunno, i got over stuffta do.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Natural Born Griller, I read a good review here about that deal, so I bought the grill wizard for myself and a friend (I'm thinking it was some sort of special 2 for 1). I used a few times and the metal brush thingy fell apart and left little shiny things everywhere. They had sent a replacement brush when I initially purchased it, but I just threw it all away.[p]I'm back to using the little wire brush that BGE recommends ($3 at Lowes). [p]
  • Greendriver
    Greendriver Posts: 128
    The Billy Bar is a great product all would do well to own.

www.billybar.com
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    CLEAN IT??? Never thought of that...[p]Spring "Spic 'n Span Is A Laxative" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Natural Born Griller,
    All you need.

[ul][li]Billy Bar[/ul]
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    ccrider,
    I agree 100% the Billy Bar does a fine job. EGG-CELLENT product!!

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Natural Born Griller,[p]Now that you have had all these opinions, here is mine. I have been through two of these in over 10 years. You go to Lowes or somewhere like that and get a long handled wire brush for paint removal. The kind with the plastic handle and the scraper on the end. They clean well and last for EVER! They have a hole in the handle so you can hang it up