Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE in the boston globe

Options

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Thats a great write up...Thanks.[p]Wess

• Essex County
    Essex County Posts: 991
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Yeah, just finished reading it myself. Pretty positive stuff. There are actually two articles. The other one is about a hotdog vendor in Wakefield who wood-grills his stuff on a BGE. [p]Interesting that stike never mentioned this guy before given that he lives in Wakefield. Believe me, the town is not that big.[p]Paul

[ul][li]http://www.boston.com/ae/food/articles/2007/05/23/freds_wood_grilled_dogs_are_frankly_a_local_favorite/[/ul]
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Essex County,
    we've mentioned him, he always comes up in the hotdog threads. hotdogs are just too pedestrian for you to read about, mr. "devon arm roast" guy.
    hehhe
    reading the articles now. full page. nice coverage.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Essex County
    Essex County Posts: 991
    Options
    stike,
    They give the dealer in Middleton props. Maybe we should give them another shot. Two years ago, they didn't know what a platesetter was. Maybe there's hope now.
    Paul

• stike
    Options
    Essex County,
    i bought a large for a friend (went halfsies, i'm not THAT generous) from Kirley. but my wife and his girlfriend went, i never saw the place. Kirley's has one of the best reputations of any massachusetts BGE dealer. [p]still, in massachusetts where gas is king, it doesn't take much to be the best BGE dealer![p]

• Flashback Bob
    Flashback Bob Posts: 519
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    I don't know if anyone but Stike and I remember, but there was a guy on this board (last fall) who bought his first Egg from Fred.[p]Fred was maybe moving up to an XL, I don't remember but this guy found out Fred was getting a new Egg and was able to buy the old one from him for a good price.

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    Essex County,[p]Fred's Franks is also listed as a vendor of lump on the Wicked Good website. Last year I was up there from D.C. and tried to find him - unfortunately I had no idea that his hours and days were limited and I had expected a full-time operation. There was no sign of him anywhere and only because I asked a jogger did I find out Fred's hours. Ended up getting the lump in Roslindale instead.
  • bean town griller
    Options
    stike,[p]Bought my large from Kirley. I thought they handled the sale great, prices were fair and good customer service (let me exchange the sides, which I bought 6 mos prior for a table. Also helped my wife, who knows nothing about the bge other than she likes the food I make on it, buy a mini as a suprise gift for me).[p]I would highly recommend Kirley for a local dealer.[p]Bean town
  • stike
    Options
    bean town griller,
    that's good to hear.

• fournier88
    fournier88 Posts: 36
    Options
    stike,
    Bought my egg also from Kirley. I am actually very good friends with the owners Jeff and Eric. Top shelf guys and a great new showroom which has recently been done over. Very knowledgable individuals who do know their stuff.

• stike
    Options
    fournier88,
    do they own and use the egg?

• Unknown
    Options
    stike,[p]they both own and cook on them regularly. I've done business with them for a loooong time. Great guys. Sometimes a little rushed but know their stuff.[p]
  • stike
    Options
    Sundow,
    this may be too far down the list for you to see...
    they should know that, as far as i can tell from the 'vibe' here on the forum, that they have the best reputation of any NH or MA dealer (at least as far as what's been shared on the forum by customers).[p]

• fournier88
    fournier88 Posts: 36
    Options
    stike,
    My family has eaten many egg cooked meals at their homes. It was actually after eating food of their own eggs that I went and purchased one myself.