Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any ideas for theme parties.

Options
irishrog
irishrog Posts: 375
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am planning a party in mid-summer for my wife who will be celebrating a major birthday.
I have tried theme parties in the past, mostly very successful.
I had a Christmas party in July one year, a mid summer party a week before Christmas, a Bob-the-Builder party, when I was doing a property development project. You can get the drift of how my mind works.
I am now looking for a theme for this year, and would be grateful for any suggestions. I am thinking about Vicars and Tarts, or As Bare as you Dare. I expect to have about 25/30 people, and the food of course will be BBQ. I plan to have three large eggs, borrowing 2 from friends who will help me cook on the night.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Greetings from Ireland,
Roger

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    irishrog,[p] Have A Dr. Suess Party.. You can be the Green Eggs and Ham..
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    man that's a good idea!! a bunch of who's all around you with your cat wearing a hat. sorry ran out of dr suess characters
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Unknown
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    good one ;)

• FlatEric
    FlatEric Posts: 56
    Options
    irishrog,
    I went to a "wig" party once and it was a blast. Very simple, dress as normal, but everybody wears a wigs.... it really tells a lot about some people.

• Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    irishrog,[p]A variation on the wig idea is a hat party. (Hats are a bit easier to come by.) When my youngest was not quite 2, he wore hats everywhere. He had to have a hat on his head at all times. He wore the funniest hats - ladies hats, old straw hats, etc.[p]So for his birthday, we dedided to have a hat party. It was pretty much all adults being invited. We did something like 'hats off to Jesse.' I told everyone they had to wear a hat and I would have extras on hand for those who showed up without a hat (shower caps were threatened to be used). It was great fun. Only one person absolutely refused to wear a hat. You guessed it - Jesse! LOL He hasn't worn a hat since. Ornery little kid.[p](We also went to another adult hat party that was lots of fun. People choose funny hats.)[p]Gwen

• irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Options
    dimplesmom,
    I remembered this morning another party I did a few years ago. Very simply, the men came as women and the women dressed as men.
    We got everything from hairy legged nuns to James Bond with a very full shirt.
    All suggestions for this years extravagansa are being taken on board, and the decision of the organising committee (me) will be final.
    To be fair to those who normally come to my parties, they get involved in the theming, and tend to stay very late before going home. i.e. 4/5 a.m. is not unusual!!
    Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Roger