Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thank You Mr. Toad for Pork Lion

Options
Trout Bum
Trout Bum Posts: 343
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
View?u=1692104&a=12990706&p=50549093&Sequence=0&res=high
<p />Cooked Mr. Toad's Pork Lion for Fathers Day. It was delish...delish.
Couldn't find Fig Preserves so used Plum, everythig else was per recipe. It was 5 lbs., cooked indirect over plate sitter with apple chips. Took 2 hrs. at 300* with a 145* polder reading. Let sit 15-20 mins. and went for it.
Highly Reccommended!
Thanks Mr. Toad
B D

Comments

• Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Options
    Big Daddy,
    Lots of deja-vu with that picture you posted----that was what I cooked yesterday as well. Mixed the fruit and cashew filling with orange marmalade (couldn't find fig preserves either!), and had done a Cajun Injector marinade the night before, plus well-rubbed with a chipotle/cumin based spice...inside and out. No Polder available this weekend, and like you...let it go for 2 hours @ 300...pulled @ 145 for a short rest to let the juices get parked inside. Killer!! My guests were impressed, and overall it made up for a less than stellar 18 holes that I played in the morning. Big Murth in New Mexico

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Big Murth,
    Played 18 holes in morning also, it was a ho hum round. What a difference a fue days can make. Last Sunday I had my best 9 hole score ever.
    B D