Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the egg on alton b

Options
citychicken
citychicken Posts: 484
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well not really. but, he does mention ceramic cookers and passes by the egg on his way to mentioning what to look for in a grill.[p]check it out if you wish.[p]
[ul][li]http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/et_sl_grilling/text/0,1972,FOOD_9872_61698,00.html?video=http://wms.scripps.com/foodtv/grillinchillin/98064.wmv&lclevel=et_sl_grilling[/ul]

Comments

• Eggcitable Boy
    Options
    markkal123,[p]I believe Alton will warm up to the idea of the Egg at some point and give credit where credit is due. Some believe he is a 'closet egger' but just wont let on.
    P.S. dont waste your time watching the obnoxious Bobby Flay video on how to put 'angled char marks' on a zuchinni. He is a great chef but his giant ego makes it tough to watch him most of the time, unlike Alton Brown who is amusing and entertaining and informative..............Eggcitable Boy

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Eggcitable Boy,
    I agree!!
    Molly

Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Eggcitable Boy,
    I spoke with AB about ceramic cookers a few years ago. He thinks they are the way to go, but he thinks they are too expensive. I'd love to have time to have a full discussion with him, but he's famous and I'm not, LOL.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Hubielee
    Hubielee Posts: 7
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    As far as the expense, I consider the difference between paying rent (relatively cheap) and buying a house (expensive). The smartest thing you can do in the long run is to buy the house.

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    hubielee,
    Well, I'd just like to get Alton Brown (Alton are you listening???) for an hour to talk about cost of a small Egg vs. his flower pot smoker. The Egg has a hinge. It is safer. It can be left outdoors in freezing weather. It will last a lifetime. It can do everything from slow smoking jerky to high temp steak searing. It doesn't require an electric cord. It has a handle. And on and on. His flower pot is fun and quirky, but not really useful for anything other than the occasional cook like he did on the show. No handle, no hinge, will crack and break after 1 or 2 seasons of wet freezing weather, requires outdoor use of an indoor hot plate, a wire, just not a serious option. So $400 for a small Egg setup looks pretty dang cheap compared to $60 for the flower pot setup. Oh well.....[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz