Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Father's Day ideas ... for my wife!

Eggtuary
Eggtuary Posts: 400
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Two years ago, my lovely wife bought the best present for me ever, my Big Green Egg. Since then, most of my presents have something to do with BBQ or grilling, which is great! What's not so great is that she sometimes gets weird ideas (like a marshmallow rotisserie that has only been used once...)[p]So, I need your help. I could really use some stuff, and I'd like to give her direction on what specifically to get.[p]1) A grill light. I just expanded my backyard patio, which has given me a lot more room to spread out my grill stuff. The only downside is that the BGE is even further away from the one outdoor light, so I can't see squat at night. My Egg sits in one of the standard tables (with a small prep area to one side.) What is the best grill light for this setup?[p]2) An ash bucket. In the past, I've always tried to put one of those plastic grocery bags up to the bottom of my Egg when I'm cleaning it out. But I'm thinking it would be better to just put an ash bucket under the Egg, and simply push everything to fall into it. A little ash will get on the bottom part of the table, but that's easily dusted into the bucket along with the rest. Is this how the rest of you do it? Or have you come up with a better system?[p]Thanks in advance![p]Mike

Comments