Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

egg nest

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just bought the large green egg and the bottom of the egg doesn't rest all the way to the bottom of the nest. Is this normal?

Comments

• Mike Oelrich
    Mike Oelrich Posts: 544
    Options
    Thomas Shook,[p] Yes. My small doesn't go all the way to the bottom of its nest either. Someone asked BGE about this a while back and reported that the BGE said it was OK.[p]MikeO
  • Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    Options
    Thomas Shook,[p]The egg will be just fine as long as the distance between the bottom of the egg and the cross bars is no more than 1½ inches. Both my large egg and small egg rest comfortably in their respective nests with a small gap.[p]Happy egging,
    Puj

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Thomas Shook,[p]Your Egg is actually much more stable when supported by the extensions from the legs than if it was resting on the braces that connect the legs.[p]Very normal and very good.[p]Spin

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Thomas Shook,
    Congratulations on your purchase, hope you have as much fun as I've had with Mr. Egg and the forum family.
    Have a great Q-en weekend.
    New Bob