Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Brisket and low cooking temps

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been using my BGE for about 2 years now and I praise it every time I use. One thing I still haven't been able to do is to maintain a very low temp of 220 - 230 degrees. I made a 10 pound brisket 3 weeks ago and the best I could do was 275 degrees dome temp. The brisket cooked in about 10 hours and was not dried out or over done. [p]I am planning to do a 20 pounder in about about a week, so I am concerned with the additional cooking time it will dry out. [p]What do I need to do to get the temps down to the 220 range? [p]As it is right now, my daisy wheel on the dome is barely open as is the lower vent door. [p]Any suggestions would be appreciated.[p]RossRich

Comments