Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wingies

mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have some wings to toss on and thought I'd try some of that Quaker steak and lube or whatever it is called that I won in...hmmm...OK? Texfest? I dunno. Anyway, do you think I need to put anything on these wings while they are cooking prior to basting them the last 10 mins or so? Never done them quite this way.[p]mShark

Comments

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    mollyshark,
    Be careful girl.That sounds to much like Quaker State Oil.Is it a blend or 100% syn. or just regular oil.Just kidding,but I could not resist.

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    darnoc,[p]Waaalll...I dusted the wings with some Jamaican Firewalk just for the love of the stuff. Cooked them until I had nothing else to do and then put on some of the sauce the last 10. Came out pretty good. Needed more sauce, I think, but not sure how to get more on. Guess I could have started earlier. Anyway, can't give a definite opinion on this stuff yet. Will keep testing. But the pinot grigio with the wings was excellent!!! [p]mShark[p]
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    mollyshark,
    We cooked up some wings last weekend with the Asian blend.
    It was good but I wish I would have hit it with a little DP as well. I did add fresh pepper and sea salt in the zip loc with the Asian wing sauce. I was happy with the mix but I do like a little more heat. We did not baste with more during the cook.
    The wings had a nice simple ,clean taste.
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Lube302.gif
    <p />mollyshark,[p]Here ya go![p]Buckeye BBQ is a kick in the pants sauce!
    [ul][li]Lube Sauces[/ul]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas