Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wingies

mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited 11:59PM in EggHead Forum
Have some wings to toss on and thought I'd try some of that Quaker steak and lube or whatever it is called that I won in...hmmm...OK? Texfest? I dunno. Anyway, do you think I need to put anything on these wings while they are cooking prior to basting them the last 10 mins or so? Never done them quite this way.[p]mShark
·

Comments

• DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    mollyshark,
    Be careful girl.That sounds to much like Quaker State Oil.Is it a blend or 100% syn. or just regular oil.Just kidding,but I could not resist.

·
  • mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    darnoc,[p]Waaalll...I dusted the wings with some Jamaican Firewalk just for the love of the stuff. Cooked them until I had nothing else to do and then put on some of the sauce the last 10. Came out pretty good. Needed more sauce, I think, but not sure how to get more on. Guess I could have started earlier. Anyway, can't give a definite opinion on this stuff yet. Will keep testing. But the pinot grigio with the wings was excellent!!! [p]mShark[p]
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,789
    mollyshark,
    We cooked up some wings last weekend with the Asian blend.
    It was good but I wish I would have hit it with a little DP as well. I did add fresh pepper and sea salt in the zip loc with the Asian wing sauce. I was happy with the mix but I do like a little more heat. We did not baste with more during the cook.
    The wings had a nice simple ,clean taste.
    Darian

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • GrillMeisterGrillMeister Posts: 1,611
    Lube302.gif
    <p />mollyshark,[p]Here ya go![p]Buckeye BBQ is a kick in the pants sauce!
    [ul][li]Lube Sauces[/ul]
    ·