Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breast Help

Slim
Slim Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I hope somebody lokks in! I have a killer recipe that i have used on my now retired gassy for chicken breasts what time and temp do you cook them on the BGE? use jack daniles or hickory? or none? I took the recipe from the food section of the Atlanta paper few years back if it works good on the egg will post
thank you!

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Slim, I have always cooked my chicken breasts (bone in) at 350 for about 30-45 minutes. I use my polder to check the internal temp to make sure it's about 170-180. I use pecan for smoking since it's plentiful in my back yard and it's good on poultry.

• Slim
    Slim Posts: 44
    Wise One,thanks for the info! this chicken is really moist uses a salt rub that is then washed off and i have never had chicken this moist before i will have to so some on sunday and see how the egg does on it!

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Slim,
    Wise One's technique will be perfect. Even higher cooking temps okay. Personally, I prefer to pull them off at 165, and I always check the internal temp of those lean meats that have a small window before they start drying.[p]Have fun, and please share your killer recipe if it works out! It will.
    beers and such
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Wise One,
    Do you cook your chicken with the skin on or off????? I usually buy boneless/skinless breast but have bone in/skin on in my frig. for tonight or tomorrow.
    Thanks,
    New Bob
    Have a geat weekend

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    New Bob, actually both ways. I like skin on personally but I know it's not supposed to be really good for you. My wife tends to remove the skin after the cook. I think the skin keeps the meat moister but it could be just that the outside dries out with no skin.