Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

You know your hooked on the BGE when. . .

Pug
Pug Posts: 57
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
10. You know your hooked on the BGE when. . . you are sitting at work eating some of the best pulled pork you have made to date and all you can think about is making more and how to make it even better. Fridays are for dreaming anyway.[p]Anybody else have anything to add to the top ten list?[p]Steve

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Pug, 9. When someone mentions "Green Eggs and Ham" you immediately start thinking about the type of smoking wood you want to use.

• Pug,[p]You know you're hooked on the BGE when you live in Syracuse, NY and your meat bill is bigger than your heat bill !

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    newBGE.gif
    <p />Pug,
    When you EGG at least 5 days a week and weather isn't a factor.
    ST

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    EJ,
    If you hit the refresh on browser more than once a minute to see what the new forum posts are.
    You check the forum post Before you check your work email.
    Someone mentions briquettes and lighter fluid; you cringe and explain about lump
    Your co-workers think that you belong to The Cult of the Green Egg.
    People thing that you perverted because you are always talking about rubbing your butt
    Cole Slaw excites you.
    You have ever had a conversation about the Physic of Smoking meat or better yet, the chemical composition of smoke.
    You look forward to cooking something for 24 hours straight.
    People start calling you by your forum handle more than your real name.
    You buy a mini to take to other people’s house for dinner, just so that you can cook your own.
    You bulk order spices and herbs that you have never heard of.
    You sort your lump. (Just kidding C~W, JJ and YB)
    Mustard on a Steak?!?
    You hide your Mini from your wife or husband.
    All you need is a medium to make a complete set.
    You really really really need another egg.[p]That is all that I can come up with for now.[p]Enjoy,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• Pug
    RhumAndJerk,
    Was it you or somebody else in a thread some time back that had one---Co-workers look at you funny when you proclaim how much your mother-in-law loves your butt.[p]Steve

• RhumAndJerk
    Pug,
    I think that it was TimM.
    R&J

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Pug,
    When you check your child's temperature with a polder.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    RhumAndJerk,[p]That one should have read "when having every size except the medium leaves you feeling unfulfilled" [p]C'mon now, does anyone hide their mini from their spouse?[p]K~G

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Nature Boy,[p]BBWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA hahahahahahahahahah[p]Man, everyone is kind of in a jovial mood today. Maybe its just a Friday but I cant remember when the forum was so full of one liners and the like. I like it, I like it alot.[p]Have a great one.[p]Troy
  • BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    When you see "BGE" (Baltimore Gas & Electric) trucks and for a second you think they're delivering a ceramic cooker!

• sprinter
    Pug,[p]When you use your forum moniker to sign official paperwork.[p]sprinter - I mean TROY
  • sprinter
    KennyG,[p]What mini, I dont have a mini, I never bought a mini, I dont know what you are talking about. Really, I dont have a mini......[p]Troy
  • KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    sprinter,[p]I didn't buy it, no way! The Large and the Small must have been fooling around when we were not home. Ed Fisher warned up about this, don't you remember?[p]K~G

• Pug
    When you think that the BGE green color would look good on your refrigerator, countertops, tile floor, shag carpet, and bathroom fixtures. Hey, bell-bottoms are back too.[p]Steve

• ColoradoCook
    ColoradoCook Posts: 152
    Pug,[p]When all your clothes smell like smoke, and your woman finds the smell a turn on.[p]CC
  • char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Pug,[p]When you stop taking your family out to restaurants on Friday night - and they think that's good.

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    "When you check your child's temperature with a polder."[p]I hope you have a spare probe for that!!!! :)

• BUCKSPERT
    BUCKSPERT Posts: 10
    Pug,
    #69, When you like playing with your BGE more than yourself!

• RhumAndJerk
    Pug,
    Your neighbors actually cry when they fire up old gassy.
    You have a bumper sticker that reads “Honk if you love the BGE”
    You have ever woken up at 3 AM to check the temperature of your butt.
    You have sent ribs back because they have been boiled.
    You get yelled at for tracking ash into the kitchen
    You know more about cuts of meat than the butcher
    You buy a digital camera just to take pictures of your BBQ
    Just exactly how is a BGE better than a girlfriend?
    You plan your vacations around Eggtoberfest.
    You have more smoking wood than you could ever use, just because your neighbor cut down a tree.[p]Still thinking,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• BUCKSPERT
    Pug,
    When the wife's pet rabbit chewed up my BGE cover and I accidently turned my rabbit eating mini daschuands loose in the rabbit garden.

• BUCKSPERT
    Buckspert,
    By the way, I do have some black and tan mini rabbit eating puppies for sale!

• Kelly Keefe
    Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
    When your pre-nuptial agreement contains the following clause:[p]"Item(s) meeting the following criteria, being both green and ceramic, shall under no circumstance be considered part of communal property. Said item(s)shall remain in perpetuity the property of the original purchser/owner for his/her sole enjoyment and/or use."
  • Tanker Tim
    Tanker Tim Posts: 68
    RhumAndJerk,[p]- your BGE gets vaccumed more than your car
    - your wife asks why, and you just mumble "it's a BGE thing, you wouldn't understand"
    - a Large and a Mini just aren't enough, you feel the need to "adopt" a Small and or a Medium[p][p]TT

• Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Pug,
    THIS IS GREAT!!! I hope someone (who can type faster than six words an hour,like me) will compile these lofty words of WISDOM so they can be printed off and passed on to future generations of EGGnecks.Thanks:-) Bob

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Nature Boy,
    I'm alone here at work and I'm ROARING! Thanks for the biggest laugh I've had all week!!
    Cheers,
    G.

• mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    pug,[p]when you are walking along the beach and your buddy says, "Hey! nice butt," and you think of boston.
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Pug,[p] When it's pouring rain & you just stand there smiling cause you just started a 18hr brisket & your neighbor is outside putting the cover on his gas unit.LOL

When getting up at 4am to look at the egg temp makes you happy but getting up at 6am for work makes you miserable[p]Earl

• Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Your wife buys you a mini and now you consider your large a single parent.
  • Bobby Que
    Bobby Que Posts: 50
    You always have charcoal dust under your fingernails from firing up the BGE.
  • Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Pug,
    Just noticed,can't keep hair on one arm:-) Bob