Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sword fish W/ mango chutney

Options
Palisin
Palisin Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made this for an advance Fathers day meal on 06/10 will be in Myrtle for the real event.
Ratios for all purpose rub
1 Tbsp chopped Ginger
1 Tbsp chopped Garlic
1 Tbsp chopped Scallions
1 Tsp allspice
Dried hot peppers to taste I recommend it spicey
1 tsp Salt
1 Tsp black pepper
1tbsp olive oil
1 tsp soy sauce
Combine in mortar & pestle or food processor cover Steaks or seafood generously.[p]Mango chutney
1 unripe mango
1/4 cup cilantro
3 plum tomatoes
1 jalapeno
1 tbsp chipotle pepper flakes
1 red cherry Pepper
1/2 green pepper
juice of 1 lime
1 tsp kosher salt
1tbsp olive oil
Chop & mix all ingedients
use to top steaks Good with any seafood or salsa and chips.

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Palisin,
    Now we are getting back to business and chutney is one of the overlooked items in BGE cooks..I tried some the other day in a pork loin roast and gonna do it again. I think Troy is a chutney advocate as well as Mr. Toad. I have yet to find a local source for fig preserves for a Toad type loin. Chutney is close.
    C~W[p]

• NoleGirl
    NoleGirl Posts: 33
    Options
    Palisin,
    My oh My that sounds scrumpious!!! Please submit that on the new submission recipes. I myself have printed it out, but there are plenty of others that would love to try it I'm sure. Thanks for sharing!! Lisa

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Palisin, how did you do the Swordfish? What temps and how long? Sounds good.

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Yeppers, I LOVE chutneys on pork loins. I've used it as a side, stuffed them and cooked them, jellyrolled them. Nothing better in my mind if you are doing a pork loin. I prefer an apricot chutney but I did one with a bourbon peach chutney that was amazing as well. The possibilities are endless, and most if not all of them are great.[p]Troy
  • Palisin
    Palisin Posts: 64
    Options
    Sorry folks,
    Time and temps were forgotten. I am from the little a this some a that cooking school. I sometimes forget. I am not in the practice of writing recipes down. Be ready for more.
    Temp= 300-350
    time 7-8 minutes a side
    let rub set 20-30 minutes before cooking
    Eatin is GooD!