Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping RTD

Options
AZ Traveler
AZ Traveler Posts: 664
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Rick, how did you cook that onion? Direct/indirect, time/temp?
I went and got the onions. Can't wait to do it. Thanks, John

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    porterhouse2.jpg
    <p />AZ Traveler,
    hahahaaa. man it was good.[p]one vidalia onion, peeled, bottom and top trimmed, and sliced almost all the way through from the top to divide into about 8 wedges.[p]wrap in heavy duty foil, or two layers of regular. before closing the top, drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the top and shake on your favorite dizzy pig rub. i used jamaican firewalk.[p]as for time and temp... i had it on there with the potato for a bit, then off for the trex steak sear, then back on for while. it really could have cooked longer, but it's really up to you as to how you want it. i'm going to guess 350-375 for 40 to 45 minutes or so will be a good start. indirect or direct. [p]the sweet liquid in the bottom of the foil needs to be bottled![p]if you're feeling extra fancy, slide in some sliced garlic cloves into the cuts in the onion![p]enjoy![p]

• AZ Traveler
    AZ Traveler Posts: 664
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Very good. I appreciate the info. Have a nice evening and week-end. John