Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

We're BAAAACKKK!

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Goodness gracious, I sure had a lot of reading to catch up on when I got home from Washington on Thursday!!! You Eggheads sure chat a lot LOL. [p]I caught a cold and feel miserable but I want to say my birthday trip was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. In fact, I don't think it could have been any better. [p]We got to Waldorf just in time to see the pack'n and load'n from what looked like a fun day. Then to the After Party. WOW! You guys know how to "After Party" LOL. I saw folks I've known for years but never met. And I saw others I've met many times and some a few times. It felt like coming home to family.[p]Then we became tourists and spent the next five days touring the city. What a beautiful city it is and what wonderful tributes to those who made America what it is today. And thanks to Mad Max, I felt like Royalty with his special night time tour of some of the memorials around Washington. My brother-in-law said that was the highlight of the entire trip. I agree. And Max being Max made sure we saw it the way it should be seen and told.[p]Thanks to some political push (not pull) we managed to get a private tour of the US Capital, starting with a ride on the Senator's little underground train and up through some of the areas of the Capital building the public doesn't see, eventually ending up in the Rotunda and Senate Gallery to watch the Senate in action.[p]Then, Surprise Surprise, my Sweetie and Number One Fan, told my sister-in-law and me to turn around and look at the flags flying over the Senate and House Chambers. She said those were our flags. Yep! She made arrangements for them to be flown on our birthday while we were there to see 'em. Now isn't that about the coolest gift ever??? The flags will be shipped to us in a few days.[p]Finally, just before we caught our flights on Thursday we toured Arlington Cemetery. I was never so proud and so sad at the same time. All I could think of was that those headstones reflect the true cost of war and freedom. I am absolutely proud to be an American.[p]Anyway, I've got 175 photos to name and index. And I might post one or two of them when I get to feeling better. But for now, this Chicken is glad to be home and is climbing back into my nest.[p]Spring "The Queen Missed Seeing Me By A Mile" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

[ul][li][url=http:// ]http:// [/url][/ul]

Comments

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Morning Spring Chicken:[p]Welcome back! It was a real pleasure seeing you and Spring Hen at Waldorf. Glad to hear you had the MadMax Royal treatment for touring DC. Now we all get to look forward to the next EggFest.[p]Did you get a chance to see the post below "Some late Waldorf pictures"? It can be a bit scary, so be careful.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Spring Chicken,
    Glad you made it home safe and sound! It was great to see you two again. -RP

• Spring Chicken
    SSN686,
    Yea, I saw them. Scared me too. I thought someone had died. Or maybe dropped their new Extra Large Egg. Or lost their wallet or something.[p]Good seeing you again too. We just keep gett'n older and better look'n, don't we?[p]Spring "Sickly and Not One Drop of Medicinal Rum In The Coop" Chicken

• Spring Chicken
    AZRP,
    Great seeing you two again too. Funny how Barcardi Anti-freeze wards off the cold wet air. I was feel'n no pain or cold at all LOL. And considering the amount of rum I had I'm probably still pickled enough stave off sub zero weather LOL.[p]See you soon at another fest.[p]Spring "Been To Waldorf And Survived" Chicken

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Spring Chicken,
    glad your back home and your trip was fun, you and the Ms. deserved every bit of it.

• Spring Chicken
    Chef Wil,
    Hey man, I saw your "Happy Birthday" post. Cool. Thanks. It was happy alright.[p]How you doing? Hope you're feel'n better. Up and about yet? Time flies like a lead balloon when you're laid up, doesn't it?[p]Funny thing happened going through airport security in DC. They ran my carry on bag through again and then search it. Asked me if I had any liquids in it. I told them no. They finally let me pass then Spring Hen reminded me that I had a bottle of Fiesta Chicken Fajita Seasoning in there. It's a dry rub but may have looked like a liquid on the X-ray. They should have confiscated it so they could make some really good chicken fajitas LOL. Good thing I wore my Spring Chicken cap instead of my Turban. I'd still be in jail.[p]Spring "A Security Cavity Search Would Turn Up Only Dry Foul Air" Chicken

• Spring Chicken,
    glad you guys made it back safe and sound, and that you enjoyed the rest of your tour in dc. ..and really happy you made it to arlington cemetary, it is a very, very special place. ..hopefully you got to see the changing of the guard! . .[p]it was such a pleasure to be with you and judy and your sis and bro in laws on monday evening. . .couldn't have enjoyed it more!!! ... .[p]i had flags flown over the capitol the day spawn was born and the day that my son sam became an official US citizen. . .the certificates are framed and hang in my rec room. .. always a special thing . ..[p]can't wait to see some of your pics. . .[p]best[p]max

• Spring Chicken
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Yes, we made the Changing of the Guard and also got to see a Reef Exchange Ceremony complete with the playing of Taps. Very impressive and expressive from a grateful nation. [p]Having been in the military (Army and Navy) my heart swells with pride while my eyes fill with tears when I see any ceremony that honors my fallen comrades, no matter when they died. [p]I can't wait to see my flag. I already fly the US and Texas Flags proudly. Perhaps this one will fly too.[p]Having been around long enough to recall WWII and all wars afterward, I've come to the conclusion that War is not the best solution to our planet's geographical and political challenges.[p]Spring "Pre War Baby" Chicken

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Spring Chicken,
    Good to hear. Got your tickets for Atlanta yet?[p]H

• Spring Chicken
    dhuffjr,
    Yes and I'm planning on cook'n this year. Something "Chickenee" to live down to my reputation.[p]Spring "Fluffy Is The New Word For Fat" Chicken

• hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Spring Chicken,
    It was so nice meeting you. Ya drove all that way just for the after party. A chicken after my own heart! Glad to hear you're back safe in the coop.
    Smiles - 'till next time.[p]Hay "My Friends Have Funny Names" Honker[p]HEEEE

• Spring Chicken
    hayhonker,
    Same here. Wasn't far to drive tho, just from the Republican Airport (National) to Waldorf. Plus, I was on a mission to see all I could of the Waldorf Eggfest. Saw maybe ten minutes before I almost froze my brass boogers off. But the After Party was a MUST, and I made that. I'm told I had fun.[p]Spring "Drove Wet and Parked Hard" Chicken