Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

newby egg owner waiting on his egg to arrive!

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello All!,
In just three days, I will be the proud father and fellow green egg owner like you. Do any of you remember the excitement that I am experiencing??? The order placed, the anticipation? How my large egg will be shipped? and Waiting for your egg to arrive safe and sound? Waiting for that first fire? First taste of wood fired pizza. I am so-o-o excited to join the ranks of you fine folks. All of you are terrific. I can't wait to be a part of your brotherhood. Anyone else getting ready for their new arrival? BTW, it is a Large one with all the trimmings. I even got the ash rakes to boot. Do I need a cover? Let me know what else I need. Cheers and good health to you all.
Ed

Comments

• Ed Thilenius,
    welcome aboard. .. but careful, you may end up looking like that bunch in SSN686's post just below. .. ;-)[p]this egging stuff can be rough . ..LOL

• Ed Thilenius, I think a cover is a good idea to keep everything dry and clean.

• mad max beyond eggdome,
    My new good friend Max! Thanks for the quick response! I promise to careful. My beutiful wife Debbie and I wish you and your lovely wife a very happy Mother's Day! Oh, my BGE is an EARLY Father's Day Gift. How did I do at getting my BGE early? Ha!! Take care, Ed

• ET
    ET Posts: 3
    Diesel One,
    Hey There! Okay on the cover for my egg. Did you build/get a table too? Ed

• Ed Thilenius,
    happy mothers day to you guys too. ..btw. ..on the side of "what do i need". ..make sure to get yourself a "plate setter" ...essential for low and slow, baking and any other indirect cookign. ..i probably use mine on 60% of my cooking. .. .also, check out the naked whiz's site (www.nakedwhiz.com) ... wess b's site (www.wessb.com), and nature boy's site (www.dizzypigbbq.com). ..all have great information, recipes, etc. ...

• Ed Thilenius,
    welcome to back my friend to the show that never ends,
    we're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside.[p]behold the bounty that awaits you![p]

[ul][li]click here![/ul]
  • ET
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    What is a Plate Setter?? Can you guide me to an example?
    Thanks, Ed

• ET
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    WOW!!!! You have a fantastic web page!! All of the foods you cooked looked fantastic! Your pictures of your accomplishments are well noted. Great Job! Thanks, wait for my pics some day! Take Care, Ed

hey look... a newbie![p]get him!![p]someone tell him about gasket maintenance and stuff.

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Ed Thilenius,
    Welcome to the club. You got the right Rx coming!!! I got my Large Sept. 06 and my Small March 07. I sold my W*B*R gas grill and haven't missed it a day! [p]Click on the link Below[p]Happy Egging, Pharmeggist[p]And Yes my Large has is named "Oscar" and the small is named "Oliver." Who needs a boat to name when you got 2 BGE on your deck!

[ul][li]http://www.nakedwhiz.com/[/ul]
  • Rick's Tropical Delight,
    "there behind the glass lies a real blade of grass, be carefull as you pass, move along, move along. .. .performing on a stool, leave a sight to make you drool, seven virgins and mule, keep it keep it cool. ..roll up. ..roll up. ..roll up ...see the show!! .. [p]was listening to a little karn evil 9 just the other day [p]:-)

• E.T.,
    a plate setter is a ceramic piece that turns your egg into an "oven" . . .here is a link to the bge product catalogue ....naked whiz also has info at his site ...

[ul][li]http://www.biggreenegg.net/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=59&category_id=b176c2579db3029781c50a1a90a2726f&option=com_phpshop&Itemid=50[/ul]
  • EE.T., I built my own table following the instructions on the BGE web page. Also see the " The naked whiz" web page for almost everything. When (TNW) speaks we all listen.
    http://www.nakedwhiz.com Including How to build a table and what other have done.

classic.

• Rick's Tropical Delight,
    yep, also have a great live version of KE9 on cd and a more recent live version of tarkus playing in the car just this afternoon. ...i saw ELP live at cole field at univ of maryland during their "works" tour back in 77 or so ... .one of the best concerts i ever saw. .. over 2 1/2 hours. . .great stuff. . .

• EGGOMANIAC
    EGGOMANIAC Posts: 141
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Never been to Cole but the first Dead shows in 83 Merriweather were monumental![p]"we're so glad you could attend......"
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    bfchicken&v2.jpg
    <p />ET:[p]I think you will enjoy the pleasures of ceramic cooking . . . What took you so long? (smilie thingie)[p]Also, just want to let you know that as a young chap I always enjoyed listening to your father deliver the sports on WAGA as well as the play-by-play for UGA. He had great presence and wonderful delivery, and I am not all that crazy about sports! He was a pleasure to listen to.[p]You will enjoy your new cooker and this forum is an excellent resource for fine tuning your technique and creativity![p]Pictured are butterflied grilled chicken, grilled tomatoes, and baked potatoes . . .
  • Eggomaniac,
    cole field house was basically a quanset hut on steroids, the big curved metal roof made for some really lousy acoustics (the old cap center was even much better). .. but along with ELP, i saw a really memorable performance by frank zappa and mothers around the same time frame there. ..FZ complained about how cold it was there and 'suggested' that the fans build a bon-fire with the folding chairs on the floor ...they almost dead. . .could have been another "smoke on the water" moment. ..[p]"frank zappa and the mothers, had the best place around. ...some stupid with a flair gun, burned the place to the ground. ...smoke on the water. . . ". . .

• EGGOMANIAC
    EGGOMANIAC Posts: 141
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Cool on the FZ story! Dead played Cole too (81?) made for a great "Terrapin Station" version.[p]Ahh the Cap Centre-I saw the *cough* final Who tour there, Genesis, Rush and IIRC stevie ray opened up for the Moody Blues (although that could have been the old Civic Center).[p]good times!