Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nite out

Options
CampCook
CampCook Posts: 157
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Took the missus out last nite to celebrate Mom's day. Went to Ruth's Chris. Ambience was terrific, Wine was exquisite. Steak -- OK but at 43.00 for a bone in rib eye (all sides and sauces extra). WOW. And I mean it was not great. The egg perfects a Costco Choice grade boneless rib eye with a far better taste and texture than this suppossedly prime cut. In the future we are going for a restaurant with something special like we're unlikely to make at home. Of course, the Ruth's Chris people probably made the steak as good as I have ever had in a restaurant. That damned egg sure does spoil a person.

Comments

• EGGOMANIAC
    EGGOMANIAC Posts: 141
    Options
    campCook,[p]I never order one out for the same reason. McKendricks in ATL would probably be the only place if I did.
  • Ottawa_egger
    Ottawa_egger Posts: 236
    Options
    campCook,[p]A few weeks ago I had a strip loin at one of the best steak houses in Las Vegas. Without the DP RTS rub and the mesquite chip smoke, it was an extreme disappointment. Part of the disappointment was that I was seated adjacent the grill station, so I watched the grill cook pull it out of the fridge and cook it Trex style and the bed of glowing mesquite charcoal. My mouth was salivating like Niagara Falls, but was disappointed on the first bite as I have been Egg spoiled.[p]Ottawa_egger
  • 2EggTim
    2EggTim Posts: 170
    Options
    campCook,
    The egg has a tendency to do that. It's hard for me to find a good BBQ joint now because of it.