Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Different NU TEMP Question

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a new Nu Temp 701 and can't figure out how to do low temp limits. Can anyone advise? Ironically we did a Boston Butt (yum--
people refused to move away from the table and just kept nibbling)
which I was afraid of my fire dying during the night but couldn't set the low temp alarm. I was very bummed because it meant a 3 Am check,
and just before 3 the HIGH temp (in the meat) alarm went off. It had
cooked in record time and was ready to dwell. Thank heaven we couldn't figure out the low!
Also, any London Broil comments?-- crowd coming today and it was sooo
cheap I couldn't resist. I used to have a recipe that was fail proof on the hibachi years ago but can't find it.
Thanks,
KK

Comments

• 3 Balut's
    3 Balut's Posts: 13
    Options
    KK, don't have one of those however yesterday Nature Boy talked about setting low temps in his Turbo Brisket post. Peaked my interest it appeared he set the low for his dome temp in his overnight cook. Guess if it had fallen below the setting it would have gone off and he would have went out and tended the egg. Think I need to get one of these. Never had a fire (knock on wood)yet go out on and overnight cook. Most likely living on borrowed time. Sorry to be of no help maybe Nature Boy will chime in.[p]Jeff

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    silver701.jpg
    <p />KK,[p]I am goin goff memory here and don't have the unit in front of me. So this may be a bit ov an overview - maybe it will help.[p]There are two temps - the one on the left is the transmitted temp and the right is the set temp. Between them is an arrow that points up (alarm when the high temp is reached) or pointing down which means the alarm will sound only when the low temp is rached.You toggle that arrow from a button on the fron or the rear -- that is that part I don't recall for sure.[p]Hope that helps[p]Tim
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Tim M,[p]Sure wish this forum had a built in spell check for us who can't spell or see well early in the am.[p]Ton M
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    VaNole,
    Tim has it right. Yeah Tim, it is on the back. There is a button "high.low" that toggels the arrow on the display. Down arrow is low temp setting, up arrow is high temp setting.
    Great weekend to yall.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm very excited at the prospect of a full night's sleep. You obviously build a better fire than me if you haven't had a fire go out. But I must say, re: your comments concerning
    spell check and "goin goff"; When I lived in Brooklyn that's the way we spelled it.
    KK