Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yesterdays Cook

Options
3 Balut's
3 Balut's Posts: 13
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday had a party for my daughters AAU Basketball Team. Did a couple slabs of ribs (GFE's method) on the medium and 2 butts on the large. Both items were scarfed down by parents and kids alike. Used all the rubs and tips that I have gotten from you fantastic forum posters. You people are the best!!!!!
Did have a surprise Saturday morning, was out of lump. I read all the bad posts about Martha Stuart (first time using it) lump but had to make and early morning pilgramage to Super K to get the ribs cooking. Bought one of those 9 lb bags. Got it home and to my surprise no scraps/construction material at all. Looked like maple and oak. Lit quickly, up to temp fast, and burned fine, in fact the lump was better than my last two bags of BGE lump which had a few scraps and other mystery items including gravel. [p]Jeff

Comments

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    VaNole,
    Glad to hear that everybody like the Butts and Ribs. I agree with you the folks around this Forum are great. My last search for lump from True Value Hardware left my looking for a better source. Scraps and little pieces. have a egg day. Fireball

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Options
    Martha_Stewart_lump.jpg
    <p />VaNole,
    A while back I tried Martha's lump and reported that I was pleased with it also. I Like BGE lump but being able to obtain some decent lump at nine pm on a Sunday evening is very handy and re-assuring.[p]Carl T