Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

charcrust question

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ok doing pork chops tonight using charcrust is it better to let the charcrust set for a while on the chops? or just put it on right before they hit the grill? also should i use any hickopry or jack daniels wood? thank you

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    slim pickens, I always put Char Crust on, spray with extra virgin olive oil and let sit at room temp. for an hour beforee cooking. Works for me.[p]CWM

• Grill With Bill
    Options
    slim pickens,[p]I recently did a leg of lamb with coated in char crust and smoked with Jack Daniels chips. It was terrific. [p]I took a small tupperware-type container, poured in some char crust then put the lamb in, covered it up and shook it around. It completely covered the surface of the meat. I let it sit while I got my fire going and then popped it on. Very tasty.[p]Bill