Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My First Plateau ! the reuslts

City Slicker
City Slicker Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_1552.jpg

[p]shrank almost 40% lol[p][p]IMG_1555.jpg

Looks and smells great
IMG_1556.jpg

was tender and tasty, just a tad dry but not bad, got two thumbs up from the family, thanks for all the info from you pros. BTW the egg stayed at 250 whole time with no guru or anything, half a bag of lump left by looks of things !

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    City Slicker,[p]A nice photo of what to most folks would appear a burnt cinder, but to Q'ers, makes the mouth water just looking.[p]gdenby

• BYC
    BYC Posts: 358
    City Slicker,[p]Two things--I see you still have the springs on the hinge. If that is an XL were you able to leave the springs on and seal the dome on the back? I had to remove all XL springs to create a good seal. Secondly, I noticed you and many others wrapping their polder with foil. What is the reason behind this? Especially, for a slow cook and low temps? Just a precaution or have you lost probes at low temps?[p]Thanks

• BGEJeff
    BGEJeff Posts: 54
    City Slicker,[p]Man those pictures make my mouth water, think I'm gonna have to do a brisket this weekend. Noticed you had your sensor lead wrapped in foil, it's designed for the temp your cooking at, and I've heard that wrapping it in foil hurts more than helps. I don't do it anymore and my probes seem to be lasting alot longer.[p]Jeff

• Trouble
    Trouble Posts: 276
    City Slicker,
    I am inspired. I have only slow-cooked pork. Can't believe I haven't tried a brisket yet since beef is my favorite meat. Maybe this weekend, if there's time. I've been running out of weekend, though, before I run out of things that need to be done on the weekend.[p]Speaking of weekends, it makes me smile to hear all the excitement and planning around the Waldorf fest. You all have a great time, safe travels and good weather.[p]Joyce

• byc,
    First, I had tried to take the springs off just last week, but found the lid way to heavy so I put them back on. I do have an air leak around the right rear, but the egg still held steady for the whole cook.
    I only wrapped the foil around the probe link to keep it clean, but if it is harming the read out or might cause early failure I think I will remove it.

• BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    City Slicker,[p]Congratulations! You'll always remember your first! ;-)