Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Potatoes

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

Does anyone have any new or exciting recipes for potatoes? I have a couple large bakers I want to make with salmon tonight but I dond't want to do the usual baked. Any ideas/recipes would appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ColoradoTonka,
    if you have a wok or big skillet, do hash browns in your egg. ..have your egg at around 425 degrees, get your skillet hot, add some veggie oil and butter, then put in diced up taters and onion, with some S&P and/or dizzy raging river ....work em till they are soft and a little crispy. .. [p]for a realy cool presentation, read my potato gallet link attached. .. this is really good.. ..[p]http://www.biggreenegg.com/archives/2005/messages/179675.htm

[ul][li]http://www.biggreenegg.com/archives/2005/messages/179675.htm[/ul]
  • ColoradoTonka,
    Here is a method my wife and I like real well for potatoes. We slice each potato into about six wedges the long way. Place them on heavy duty foil then finely chop a little onion, carrot and parsley and sprinkle that on the wedges then add a little salt pepper and any other seasoning you like. Then add a little butter or evoo. Now sprinkle a little water on this, just a little, not much,(for steam), then seal up the foil very tightly and lay it on the grate in the egg. After about fifteen minutes you can turn it over then after about another fifteen minutes it is done. Good luck. Bucky

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    ColoradoTonka, fan favorite around here is the Cracker Barrel hash brown casserole. For the cheese, I add more and use a cheddar and mozzarella combo.
    [ul][li]http://recipes.robbiehaf.com/C/73.htm[/ul]
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    100_1355.jpg
    <p />ColoradoTonka,
    scallopped potatoes or rappie pie might go with the salmon, i usually make it as the main dish putting smoked ham into the scallops,chicken and bernaise or cheese sauce on the rappie. i could give you the basics of how to make it, but i dont have a recipe written down, its just something that just gets put together.

[ul][li]rappie pie[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bsfd806
    bsfd806 Posts: 24
    ColoradoTonka,[p]My favorite are oven fried potato wedges.[p]Although this involves the oven not the egg :-( These are courtesy of Paula Deen and are incredible. We take and mix up a dipping sauce consisting of mayonnaise, hot sauce and parmassan cheese. [p][p]
    [ul][li]http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_32323,00.html?rsrc=search[/ul]
  • DTM
    DTM Posts: 127
    Yo fishlessman and CO tonka,
    I'm not a big scallopped fan but I became one w/ this recipe.
    I do like the fishman's spin on pork products added.
    I have a recipe for the yuppie cheese called for but I can't find it and haven't made it.[p]Scallopped spuds
    3 1/2 pounds yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced
    OR
    3 1/2 pounds potatoes, Red Bliss with skins on, sliced
    2 cups heavy cream
    1 package 5 oz of herbed cheese like Boursin (or Alouette)[p]Melt the cheese in the whipping cream until smooth. Pour over the sliced potatoes and cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes at 350F Remove foil the last 15 minutes of baking to brown.
    Do not layer them more than three of four slices of potato done on medium slice say about 1/4 inch thick[p]Notes:
    12-24-06
    Great.
    Cook for 1 hr @ 350°
    Remove foil sprinkle w/ Cougar Gold (this would be WSU chedder for those not in the Pac NW)
    and cook @ 400° for 15-20 until golden.
    Rest/cool for 15+ min before serving.
    Mandolining the potatoes...kick ass.
    Really good keeper.
    Maybe?
    fine crumbled bacon in cream/cheese mixture.
    Some mandolin sliced sweet onions?[p]Yo fishless,
    the small salmon flies came out on the Clark Fork this Monday. Had to work at it but teaching my daughter the incredible time wasting activity of fly casting; she had a good break off; as the VISA ad says.
    Regards
    DTM