Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Semi Emergency-Crispy Wings?

Options
EGGOMANIAC
EGGOMANIAC Posts: 141
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok - as I search around can someone give me the Readers Digest version of Crispy Wings? Last minute decision to cook em and the Charcoal Starters already a-goin. I don't need a big marinade, just the beef...err...chicken[p]I'm guessin 350-370 for 30 with one flip??

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    wings1-web.jpg
    <p />EGGOMANIAC,[p]Not everyone does 'em this way, but when I do wings, I cook them indirect low 'n' slow at around 275-300 dome until they're crispy - usually 2-3 hours - spritzing with a mixture of apple juice and apple cider vinegar every half hour. Use Dizzy's Shakin' the Tree and you're gonna think you've died and gone to heaven when you taste 'em.[p]Another good wing recipe is at the link below.[p]Good luck,[p]TRex
    [ul][li]Dizzy Crunchy Wings[/ul]
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    EGGOMANIAC,[p]Like TRex mentioned, the slow cooked wings are my favorite too, but here is a link to my grilled wing page. They take 45 minutes or so for the cook.[p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Grilled Wings[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • EGGOMANIAC
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]Thanks Thirdeye! Great reference. Now they're on (400 dome)for the first 20 minutes. Dusted w/ BGE Green Garlic & lemon pepper & Lime pepper mixed. The other will get Hot Salt and Mango Habanero (Buffalo Wild Wings bottled) [p]ps Your 3-eyed pic still freaks me out. (yeah, that one!)
  • EGGOMANIAC
    Options
    TRex,[p]If only the time steak man, if only the time :-)
  • EGGOMANIAC
    Options
    ok-30 minutes in and closing it down for the final 15.[p]Thanks!
  • BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    TRex,
    Once again you are my hero. Those wings look to die for. The Dizzy wings ain't bad either.[p]Hey, I've got a great recipe for flattened chicken breasts marinaded in a yogurt, garlic, cumin, and other stuff mixture that gets dredged in seasoned, prepared bread crumbs (Pepperidge Farm stuffin works fine), rolled up, slathered with real melted butter, and baked for about an hour. I bet those would come out real good on the BGE. Get some of that residual smokey taste on 'em. I've also taken the afore mentioned flattened breasts and stuffed them with a slice of ham and swiss cheese before rolling them up. They are wonderful, but mama isn't real keen on the ham and cheese so we don't do them as often.[p]I'm Eggcited to try out this old recipe on the BGE.

• DobieDad
    DobieDad Posts: 502
    Options
    TRex,[p]Jeez, Jason. Is there any chance you could size those photos to download on my high speed broadband in something less than a week?!!?
  • TRex
    Options
    DobieDad,[p]Sorry, it's only 300 kb!
  • DobieDad
    Options
    TRex,[p]300 kb is nothing! [p]Why does it come in so slow?[p]BTW, nice shot, as always.
  • TRex
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,[p]Man that recipe sounds awesome - I tried some kind of "chicken rollups" once but they didn't turn out too great (I think I overcooked them). [p]If you do these on the Egg please be sure to post the results!![p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • TRex
    Options
    Eggomaniac,[p]So sorry! I guess I missed the part where you needed these done lickity-split![p]I'm glad thirdeye actually read your post completely and gave you some good advice - hope they come out well!![p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • TRex
    Options
    DobieDad,[p]Well, sometimes Photobucket drags it's feet - that's probably the issue.[p]Thanks for the kind comment.[p]Jason
  • DobieDad
    Options
    TRex,[p]Apologies are due![p]NOTHING is loading well tonight. Comcast is having a senior moment or something.[p]Sorry, mate. My bad on my end.[p]DD
  • Unknown
    Options
    TRex,
    np. Best in show these are! They've moved to the number one spot behind Flat Iron for Eggtoberfest.

• Unknown
    Options
    preparation_clip_image002_0002.jpg
    <p />EGGOMANIAC,[p]I'm obviously a little late to the party here, but next time check out this link. We have won several wing contests including the Memphis Hot Wing Cook Off using the following cooking methods....[p]Try it and I promise you won't be disappointed. [p]
    [ul][li]Wings[/ul]
  • EGGOMANIAC
    Options
    Suck Creek Wings ,[p]That's generally how I do em. fry 375 for 15 and quick coat in homemade sauce. Great site and congrats on your success. I'll have to pick up a few bottles and compare to mine:-)[p]I've never tried the grill first then fry..hmmm.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Eggomaniac,[p]The grill then fry method adds a layer of flavor that can't be beat. We've tried a lot of different methods and that one takes the prize.