Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My visit to the "Mother-Ship"

Options
Tony
Tony Posts: 224
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This past Saturday I was passing through Georgia on my way back home to New Oreans. All of a sudden I got this strange sensation and my vehicle seemed to want to guide me in another direction. Confused, I pulled to the side of the road to gather my thoughts. Where am I, I asked myself. Come to find out, I was in Tucker, Georgia on Lawrenceville Hwy. I got this strange feeling of comfort as if I was being drawn to a place where I belonged. I looked up and saw 3 Big Green Eggs smoking; as I got closer I realized I had found my way to the "Mother-Ship".[p]I went inside and introduced my self as "Tiger Tony", although we had never met before, I was immediately recognized and welcomed by Brenda who introduced me to Craig and John. I also found myself right in the middle of "Chef and the Fatman" Radio show. They happened to be broadcasting live on site and cooking stuff on the BGE. I was even asked to talk on-the-air to say something about New Orleans and how our recovery progress is going. It was fun and interesting, Kevin the host said many great things about my city. In fact they are going to be in New Orleans July 18th-22nd for the "Tales of the Cocktail 2007" that is held in New Orleans. I got to sample some shrimp and potatoes that they cooked on the egg during the show. Needless to say it was delicious![p]I didn’t leave without buying some new stuff for my egg. I bought a Large half raised grid with the drip pan. I also stocked up on some Dizzy Dust and Jack Daniel’s Oak Barrel chips. I bought 2 bottles of Chef and the Fatman “Love Rub” Original and Zesty.
Brenda was so kind to throw in one of those BGE drink/beer squishy holders and gave me a generous discount on my total. [p]My main reason for this post is to say thank you to everybody at the flagship store. I shall return someday and hope to one day make it to one of the Egg Fests in the near future.[p]Here is a picture of a chicken and potatoes I cooked using the "Love Rub"
BGEphotos112.jpg
BGEphotos113.jpg
BGEphotos114.jpg

Comments