Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza, Pizza, Pizza, Pizza (lotsa pics)

TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
4-29-pizza1-web.jpg
<p />Wow, what a great Egging weekend this has been with the family. A tri-tip Friday night followed by beef tenderloin and stir-fry veggies last night, and tonight, it was 4 pizzas for, well, my dad, mother, and me. Needless to say, there were leftovers.[p]Pictures above are all 4 ready to go on the assembly line - there were three with sauce and various toppings, then we did one without sauce with just mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and basil - this one was my favorite.[p]Here's some more pics:[p]The Egg was hot:[p]4-29-pizza3-web.jpg[p]I mean, REALLY hot:[p]4-29-pizza4-web.jpg[p]Another shot of the pies lined up:[p]4-29-pizza2-web.jpg[p]Here's the setup I used - best results yet as far as done toppings without burned bottom:[p]4-29-pizza5-web.jpg[p]And some of the done pies:[p]4-29-pizza6-web.jpg[p]4-29-pizza7-web.jpg[p]4-29-pizza9-web.jpg[p]Leftovers for lunch tomorrow![p]4-29-pizza8-web.jpg[p]I added this cook to my website (actually replaced the old write-up I had on pizza). Check it out and other new updates to my website at the link below.[p]Cheers![p]TRex[p]
[ul][li]Pizza[/ul]

Comments

• TRex,[p]What crust did you use? Looks like a Bobolli so something premade like it. Looks fantastic.[p]Smokey One
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    TRex,
    Looks good Jason, you fed a few people. -RP

• BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    TRex, Those are some great looking pizzas! [p]Beers,[p]BeerMike

I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • TRex
    Smokey One,[p]Yeah, Boboli Thin Crust. It's my favorite premade crust - makes for very easy prep.[p]Hey, Damon, that tri-tip and corn-on-the-cob looks great, by the way.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • TRex
    AZRP,[p]Yeah, I think we overdid it a little, but the next best thing to hot pizza is cold pizza![p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • TRex
    BeerMike,[p]Thanks man!![p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • TRex,[p]Gonna have to try the Baboli crust and the Tri-tip was very good![p]Smokey One
  • TRex,
    Thaks for the pic! They hit a hot sopt with me and my famly. They look great.
    Bob

• TRex,
    I see that you used your plate setter and a pizza stone but then you put the pizza on the grate extender. What was the reason for not putting the pizza stone on the grate extender itself rather then on the plate setter. I can see that putting the pizza higher up in the dome would give more radiant heat but I would think the pizza stone would give a more crisper crust. If that is not the case then why use the stone at all as the plate setter is giving you the indirect heat.

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • TRex,
    Can you please tell me how to upload photo's with my messages. I have a digital camera. A sony mavica that uses a 3 1/2" floppy. How do I get the image into the url?[p] Thanks,[p] Barry

• TRex
    Retired RailRoader,[p]With this setup I achieved the crispiest crust I've ever had without burning. I threw in the pizza stone for additional ceramic mass and to have a radiant surface a little closer to the bottom of the pizza, but you're right, it probably would have done just as fine without it.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • TRex
    Smokin Okie,[p]Check out the link below, it'll tell you everything you need to know.[p]Peruse the rest of the Naked Whiz's site for TONS of other really good info as well.[p]Good luck![p]TRex
    [ul][li]How to Post a Photo[/ul]
  • TRex
    fbob,[p]Thanks Bob![p]Cheers,[p]TREx
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    TRex,
    Man!!! Those look great. But I can't figure out whether you are showing off your cooking skills or your new camera LOL.[p]BTW.. You missed another great Eggfest. No big crowds to contend with, just a bunch of Eggheads with a passion for sharing fun and food.[p]Spring "Time To Go Wake The Neighborhood Rooster" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• TRex
    Spring Chicken,[p]Thanks Leroy. We had a mini Eggfest here at my folks' house in Augusta.[p]Yeah, I knew I was missing a good one out in Austin, though. Looks like y'all had great weather and a good turnout. Great pics so far.[p]Cheers,[p]TREx
  • Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    TRex,
    The pizzas look great. Quick question for you, if you don't mind: I love the border you put on your pics. Where does it come from? what program are you using, and is it a preset?[p]Cheers!

• TRex
    Herm,[p]It's one of the frames available in Photoshop Elements 5.0. If you don't have PSE you can download a free 30-day trial version at the Adobe website - it's a great program.[p]Best,[p]TREx
  • Herm
    Herm Posts: 206
    TRex,
    Thanks! I have photoshop CS2. it doesn't appear to have that exact frame, but maybe I can figure it out.[p]

• TRex
    Herm,[p]Yeah, I think I remember talking to someone else who said CS2 didn't have it - but perhaps you can download it as a plugin maybe???[p]Good luck,[p]TRex
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    TRex,
    do you know what the frame actually replicates...?[p]in black and white photography, a enlarger's negative holder is often filed on all sides to make it a bit bigger and rougher, giving the exact affect used here as a border.[p]not usually seen in color photography, more a black and white thing, though no idea why that is.[p][p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • tripmac
    tripmac Posts: 17
    TRex,
    And to think I came that close to pizza on the egg! I came thru Augusta on the way to the lake Saturday.[p]Next time you want to have a mini fest in Augusta let me know![p]Trip