Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Photo test of dinner tonight

MemphisMemphis Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sea scallops wrapped in proscuitto with rosemary skewer.[p]IMG_2588.jpg[p]Finished product[p]IMG_2592.jpg[p]
·

Comments

• AlaskanCAlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Memphis,[p]Beautiful!! So did it taste good?
    ·
  • MemphisMemphis Posts: 144
    AlaskanC, DAAMMMNNN GOOD !!!!!!!! I love me some scallops !!!

·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Memphis,
    Those do look tasty. Gonna have to try some this summer.[p]H

·
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Memphis,
    Those look really great! I like the idea of wrapping them in proscuitto!!!! I have been thinking about doing bacon wrapped scallops, but I was a little scared that I would be controlling the cook to get the bacon right and ignoring the scallop. This way you get flavor of the wonderful proscuitto and need not worry about cooking it.[p]I have never used the rosemary skewers. No doubt it looks great, but does it really impart a taste you can detect?

·
    BobS, Truthfully - I thought the rosemary flavor would have been a little stronger. It left just a very subtle taste. Maybe next time a little minced rosemary on top might be a little better. I did brush these with olive oil and sprinkled some lemon juice and pepper on them.
    Most eggsellent !!!

·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,025
    Memphis,
    Those look great! What was the time and temp. for the cook?

·
    egret, Very simple - Hot and fast. Didnot take the temp but hot enough to get a good sear - not burnt but seared. About 2 -3 minutes per side. I like mine med rarish.

·
  • CecilCecil Posts: 771
    Memphis,
    Looks great! Did you marinate the scallops?
    Thanks!

·
    cecil, Not really - Just brushed them with some olive oil then a little pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice about 10-15 m inutes before grilling. And then a squirt of lemon juice after grilling. Tried to keep the flavors very simple because scallops are so delicate yet so damn tasty !!!

·