Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Trout ideas..........

Options
Midnight Smoker
Midnight Smoker Posts: 273
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going to have a bunch of trout. Any ideas for a few ways to prepare would be much appreciated. Thanks, Paul

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Midnight Smoker:[p]Here is one suggestion . . .

[ul][li]Trout . . .[/ul]
  • Midnight Smoker,
    Keep it simple...butter, lemon, slice of onion in the gut cavity, little sea salt, maybe a pinch of rosemary. Grill them low and not for long. 375 for 15 minutes, turning once??? Something like that. [p]I'm heading up north next week to try to catch some of those buggers myself.[p]Hank

• EGGOMANIAC
    EGGOMANIAC Posts: 141
    Options
    Hank,[p]Exactly.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    Midnight Smoker,
    brook trout i like fried in butter and oil in a castiron skillet, salt pepper and maybe some lemonjuice inside, roll in flour and salt outside and fry til crispy. big landlock salmon and browns i would bake stuffed per below. rainbows i let go because i really dont like them cooked

[ul][li]baked[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Candy Sue
    Options
    Midnight Smoker,[p]Here's my favorite way. Wish I had some of those trout! I cut the heads off, butterfly the trout removing the backbone and the pin bones. Don't cut thru the skin on the top of the fish. Set BGE up for indirect on medium heat. Pam the skin side of the fish. Sprinkle your favorite seasoning on the top, dot with butter if desired. Seasonings I have used...HomeBBQ's Sweet Habanero Orange, numerous brands of lemon pepper, Buttrub's fish seasoning. It's all been good! Orange or pecan for smoke flavor.