Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Drumstick & Wing Rack

thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,424
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
dsc02055aL.jpg
<p />Guys & Gals, I did my first cook on this drumstick rack last night. I can already see that it is going to be really handy. I'm the first kid on my block to own one! Uh...I mean 3. I was using a spacer ring and cooking direct at around 250°, these took right at 3 hours for the internal temp to climb to 175°. The doneness was very even. The skin was okay, but I think next time I will ramp up the temperature during the last 45 minutes or an hour to really crisp them up.[p]DSC02044a.jpg[p]DSC02047a.jpg[p]They hold a dozen legs or wings as long as you leave the wing tips on (they clip into the center bar). Two will fit side-by-side on my large Egg (18" grate). Made from stainless steel the actual size is 13" long and 6-1/2" high. There is a slight inward slope to keep the drumsticks in place when carrying or spinning the rack. [p]Made by Bayou Classic, and called a Leg & Wing Rack, I got mine from Northern Tool. The link is below. They were on sale too, $6. They are also available at Lowes, I just don't have one of those.[p]~thirdeye~[p]
[ul][li]Leg Rack[/ul]
Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery

Comments