Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to Clean the Grill

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the best way to clean mold or mildew from the inside of the egg?[p]Our cover blew off and moisture got into the egg and now we have some issues. What is safe to clean with. I tried lighting the egg, and that helped burn some off, not completely. Thanks.

Comments

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Options
    CityMan,
    Put in a full load of lump, up to the top of the fire ring, start a fire and let it go with both vents wide open. In about 1 hour you should have a clean mold free egg. Leave the cooking grid in the egg and it will also be cleaned. Clean the outside with a mild cleaner. Do not use a cleaner on the inside.
    Fireball

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    CityMan,[p]Ligt the little bugger up
    Open the bottom vent all the way
    Leave the top vent completely open and let'er roar 600º for a few minutes the dome closed should do the trick.
    Just like a self cleaning oven![p]Good luck[p]Carey

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Fireball,
    Dang! You're quick son!
    Hows that Chuck Roast coming.
    I'm going to do some squid in the wok on MR. Egg in a little while...comes out as tender as any I've ever had.[p]

• Fireball
    Options
    Sundown,
    The chuck roast is resting in it towels. The baked potatoes are just about to come off the egg. And the sauted onions and mushrooms are ready to eat. Now am off to pull the roast and eat. Will report back a little latter.
    Fireball

• Fireball
    Options
    Sundown,
    You MUST try a chuck roast!!! Complete that meal with a baked potatoe smothered with sauted onions and mushrooms done on the egg in cast iron. This was some of the best eating to come off the eggs. Sandwiches will be great. I must try aquid one day. Enjoy.
    Fireball