Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking a Whole Chicken

Options
Franco
Franco Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've read some of the ways to cook chickens on the BGE. Any great easy ways? Also many of them said to brine them first. Which brine mix works well and can you leave them in the brine to long?[p]Thanks as always, Frank

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    View?u=1386188&a=10352425&p=34908557
    <p />Franco, Try the Beer Butt method. I like it with Char Crust but different seasonings will do.[p]CWM

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Franco,
    I've haven't gotten into the brining thing yet.
    Had friends coming over to watch a baseball game this afternoon, so I put 3 chickens on about 11am. Set the fire at 300*; put the birds on vertical roasters, closed the dome. At the one hour point, I added corn on the cob and at 1:15, we ate. It's that simple! Very juicy and perfectly cooked. Very moist. I did however help the chickens along in that I injected a mixture in them last night. Enjoy you meal.

• Carl T
    Carl T Posts: 179
    Options
    2_chicks.jpg
    <p />Franco,[p]I just put mine on vertical roasters over a pan. Spray with olive oil and season to taste. They come out great every time.[p]Carl T