Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs on the grill ;)

Options
flajoker
flajoker Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My ribs are cooking indirect at 250. They are covered in Char Crust hickory and molasses with a sprinkleing of roasted garlic and peppercorn. To much? Would you go with the BBq sause last hour?

Comments

• Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    flajoker,
    I would definitely go with the sauce. But be sure not to burn it on if you go direct to finish em off.
    B D

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    flajoker,[p]If you are going indirect - you can increase the temp to 300-325 with no problems. The meat temp is what you want to go up (190-205). Add a little h2O to the drip pan to prevent the drippings from burning. [p]Tim
  • Unknown
    Options
    flajoker, Used that hickory molasses on a couple slabs and it was great! Gonna get some garlic peppercorn too. You are the second person to suggest the gp. I also put some montreal (or canadian steak) steak seasoning on with the char crust. A little hickory or maple wood int the fire. Ribs are my favorite!!