Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket question

Options
Larry McSass
Larry McSass Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I left my house at 2:30 and my brisket was at 190, set the guru at 200 and left it for a couple hours. Came home and it was 182...should I pull it off now or let it get back up again? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• onelegchef
    onelegchef Posts: 119
    Options
    Larry McSass,
    I would pull it, it should be great.
    Bobby-FTW,Tx

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Larry McSass,[p]Are you in Ramp Mode with your meat temp set at 200°?[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • onelegchef, I agree with onelegchef. It was done when it hit 190 -- just needed to be foiled and let rest for an hour or two to get more tender. No need to cook it any longer, just foil it for a spell and wrap to keep hot, or go ahead and slice it if you are ready to eat. But when you first take it off, let it rest on the kitchen counter unwrapped for at least 20 or 30 minutes before you slice it.

• Larry McSass
    Options
    onelegchef,
    I did what you said and it was excellent! I couldn't even get it to slice it was so tender. 15 people killed 12 pounds of it like it was nothing. Thanks for the help! Brisket success!!